Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

Seattle and CTD's

Hi folks. I have a question regarding CTD's around the Seattle area. I did a search and found a couple of posts on this subject, but no real answers. Here are the condidtions. I fly the PMDG 737 out of KSEA. Shortly after departure to the north heading to the BANGR intersection I get a CTD. Now, flying from Vancouver CYVR to KSEA at the same time of day and season no problem. I have been able to duplicate this CTD a few times and it seems to happen at almost the same point every time. I am running UT USA and regular GE. I do not have UT Canada, just UT USA. Is there some type of a bug perhaps when crossing the border in to Canada. I look forward to any help on this. I would like to cross the border into Canada if possible, but the CTD is driving me nuts. Thanks for any input.Regards,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Ok, I will give that a try. I was looking on the UT forum and it seems that a few people are having this issue as well. May have something to do with the railroads. I will try your suggestion though. I don't think it's the PMDG, I fly it all over the place and seems fine, but I will try another aircraft in this are ajust to be sure.Sean

Well I tried that flight with a different plane and same result. Must be something to do with the UT or something. Maybe I should post this over on the UT forum. Has anyone else had this?

Hi Sean,I had this problem also, ie, flying out of KSEA this time of the year during daylight hours. Try flying at night or changing the season. That worked for me, but don't ask me why. Someone mentioned it was a quirk in the FS program.Good luckJack

>Hi Sean,>>I had this problem also, ie, flying out of KSEA this time of>the year during daylight hours. Try flying at night or>changing the season. That worked for me, but don't ask me why.>Someone mentioned it was a quirk in the FS program.>>Good luck>>JackHello SeanI assume you have FS9 SP1 installed? amongst other things it will also fix the seasonal,day ,night CTD issue.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

So Far, I have had a CTD twice in FS9. Both were caused by scenery addons, and I think one of them was a compound situation of a bad scenery file and a duplicate AFCAD. It takes some detective work, but the Culprit can be found by the half then half again method of elimination. I found one in Toni Agramonts Gigantic Cuba using this method. Heading west from MUHA or approaching MUHA from the East. I would crash and burn about 30 miles west of the airport. This was a solid CTD, everytime, so I knew I had found the offending .bgl when I was able to continue past the Crash Point. I still dont know what the file did but it doesn't seem to have affected the Cuba scenery by it's removal. The other time it was a scenery Call KMCO Orlando Exec. It must have somehow gotten corrupted on download. This little gem would cause a CTD within 60 Miles approaching from any direction. My Goodness, I couldn't fly to Disney World. An impossible situation to live with. As far as Duplicate AFCAD's go, I'm only repeating what others have said. I have discovered many duplicate AFCAD's and the only problem they have caused me was Aircraft parking and taxiing in the wrong places. Never CTD's."Fix it, You can do it."Bill :-roller

The original poster's issue is definately a Ultimate Terrain USA issue as they just fixed the same problem for me. It has something to do with some old .bgl files that need to be deleted. If the OP is still having this problem and would like a copy of the email exchange they sent me with their fix, please IM me here through AVSIM, or send me an email and I would be happy to forward when I get home tonight.Smooth skies!Chuck B.

Thanks Chuck, I just sent you an email.Sean