Sign in to follow this  

Radeon 9500 Pro restarts pc

Guest DanWalloch

I finally got my pc build and when I try to install FS2002, my pc restarts shortly after I put in CD 3. It also restarts when I try to install win xp service pack 1.

Why does this mean that it is caused by the Radeon 9500 Pro???

I've built a PC using that card and have not had the same problem. What are your other specs?

Guest DanWalloch

P 4 2.4Ghz512MB PC2700120MB HD128MB Radeon 9500 Pro16X DVDWin XP Professional

Guest DanWalloch

That's what the error message says after Win XP Professional reboots.

might be faulty memory on the Radeon. RMA it and try another one, or use an old video card to test the rest of the system.

What's your board? I built almost the exact same thing last week with at P4PE with zero problems. Is your power supply adequate for the card? Do you have the aux power cable plugged into the card?

Guest DanWalloch

I've got a nice 500W power supply. I think I might have solved the problem. When I installed the drivers, it installed both for the normal main monitor and it also installed for a second PCI monitor, so i disabled the pci adapter and deleted the pci drivers.

Here's an article from WinXP News (www.winxpnews.com) that was written about a Radeon 8500. May be a similar problem, or have nothing to do with it. I had this problem a year ago with this card, but exchanged it for an Nvidia GF4 Ti-4600:----------------------------------------------------Possible Solution for the Blue Screen Infinite Loop (BSIL) ProblemThe BSIL continues and while there doesn't seem to be an integrated solution that works for everyone, Jason shares something that might work for lots of you with this issue: "I may have a fix for the BSIL that has worked for me 4 times on 3 separate Windows XP Pro machines. The first time it happened to me was on my brand new Computer loaded with XP pro, A7V266-E, xp1700+, 512 MB RAM. Two days after I bought it the darn thing went to the BSOD, rebooted and did it all over again. The error said that nv4disp.dll was the culprit. A few days went by, still messed up so I went on to google.com and did a search under groups for nv4disp.dll and BSOD. I found a few solutions only one worked, it told me to go into the display properties, go to Advanced, then under the troubleshoot button (or tab) unclick "enable write combining". After that I went to the program that kicked in the BSIL, Spider Solitaire. My girlfriend played for 3 hours and no problem , so I went to all my heavy 3D apps and games. It worked like a champ. Later I upgraded my Video card to an ATI RADEON 8500DV AIW and the problem came back and I pleasantly fixed it the same way. The other 2 times were at my work; I run a little computer store in my town. I had two customers on different occasions bring in their XP machines complaining that it keeps going to a blue screen, rebooting than repeating. Sure enough, both computers got the same medicine and both have recovered nicely. So if you want, you should test it out and let your readers know how it worked. I'd like to know if it helps other computers in the BSIL." To all of you out there still experiencing this problem, you might want to sign the BSIL petition at:http://www.winxpnews.com/rd/rd.cfm?id=020827UP-BSIL_Petition