Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Wind direction anomolies(No beans involved)

Hello AllOn two of my panels (Alain Capt MD11 and PSPanels both freeware and good)i have noticed that the displayed wind direction in the panel is different from that displayed by FS9 itself when using shiftZ .Any thoughts please.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

A screenshot would help. Are you using activesky 6.5 or default fs9 weather? reg fsuipc or standard? If the wind in fs9 is 090 at 6kts then the arrow on your panel should be pointing towards 270 degreesRob

Rob Prest

If you are using FSUIPC that reports wind direction to your instruments, be sure to update your version here:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html3.75 is the current release.A much earlier version was out for a short time that had a problem reporting wind coordinates.I'm not sure but if the variance is small I think SHIFT-Z might show wind as true heading but your instrument should show magnetic. I assume your navigation display is set for magnetic.

HelloYes i do use activesky,standard unreg FSUIPC.I note what you say about the arrow direction and i will check again,but in all my other panels the wind direction and strength are the same as FS9 is showing.Perhaps because the two panels i mentioned in my post are more complex and therefore the realism more realistic.:-) But you have given me food for thought though.PS i don't think my FSUIPC is the latest, but because i have had no problems with my sim setup for months now i haven't bothered to change it yet.cheers Andy

>If you are using FSUIPC that reports wind direction to your>instruments, be sure to update your version here:>>http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html>>3.75 is the current release.>>A much earlier version was out for a short time that had a>problem reporting wind coordinates.>>I'm not sure but if the variance is small I think SHIFT-Z>might show wind as true heading but your instrument should>show magnetic. I assume your navigation display is set for>magnetic.>Hello RonMy FSUIPC is 3.73 so i will nip over to Pete's and get the latest.As i said in my previous post i have had a trouble free(no CTDs or other horrors)FS9 for months now so haven't bothered changing my FSUIPC version.BUT!...i will now and see if that has any effect.cheers AndyPS as i said before this problem is only with the PSPanels and Alain capt MD11 panel.Other panels all show the same wind direction and strength as FS9 using SHIFT Zcheers Andy

>Hi,>>They may be showing real wind direction and not magnetic as in>FS.>>Jim>>http://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpg>http://www.hifisim.com/Hello JimI think you are on to something there.However whatever is causing this anomaly i don't think anything is wrong with the planes instruments or FS9 its just me.I will try to explain what i see.......I press SHIFT Z to display the wind direction and strength etc i then compare that with the instrument display, both the FS9 and instrument display show the same wind speed,but the wind direction is always different BUT! the little direction arrow on the instrument display DOES seem to point in the direction that the FS9 display is showing.I hope that makes some sense.I'll tell you one thing i HAVE learnt.I think i have been reading the wind direction arrow incorrectly.Perhaps you could confirm my suspicions.Is the little arrow pointing in the direction the wind is coming from?if it is then i have been reading it incorrectly ie i would assume i had a nice tailwind when in fact it was a headwind and vice versa (i think :-)) DUH!I hope that also makes SOME sense.cheers AndyThanks to all who replied.cheers Andy