Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Captain Sim is making a B-52

Hey folks!I was just browsing in their forums when I saw this post:http://www.captainsim.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1196789767The exterior model looks like it'll be great.I wonder how they'll package this one? We're all confident that they'll have the model done months/years before they'll do anything with the rest of the plane. Will they try to sell the exterior only, then imply that the rest of the plane is just around the corner? Naw...they'd never do that. :-lolShould be interesting as always with them. :-rollAnyone want to take bets that the B-52 will be released before they complete the 757 avionics? (if ever) Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Looking great.But I thought that we all already had realised that a completed B757 from Captain Sim will never happen.And if by any chance there is someone who still beleives on a completed B757, it might be the same person who also beleives in Santa. :-roll

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Hi Staffan,I'm just going to wait until Santa brings me the completed B52, I will

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Actually Staffan, I think they will eventually release the fabled Block F...but as I've seen, they are trying their best to drop the FS9 version of it because they either can't get it to work right or they've been lying about any work they've done on it since they started on the FSX version.Why else would they post this ridiculous poll:"Question: Block F: Which scenario would you prefer?For FS9 first, then for FSX (longest) 53 (84.1%)For FSX only. No FS9 (shortest) 10 (15.8%)One of the reasons why the Block F (FMC) takes so long is the fact we develop it for both, the FS9 and FSX. If since the FSX release we'd be working on the FSX version only it'd out by now. Personally, I'm not sure that many of current FS9 users are going to survive the wait. Probably the last FS9 user will be converted into true FSX fan by our Block F FS9 version release. Just wondering, how many people are still waiting for the FS9 version? "Coming directly from CS, this has got to be the most comical statement they've ever made...and they've made some doozies.They're saying that the FSX version would be done by now if they didn't have to work on the FS9 version...huh? Shouldn't the development of the FS9 version be at LEAST a year ahead of the FSX version? Unless of course they were flat out lying back in April of 2006 (when FSX was not even close to being around) after stating that progress of block F is going well and most of the systems are functional. (Don't bother looking for the post...long-since deleted as you might guess.)And the next statement, FS9 users are not going to survive the wait? LoL, they've been waiting almost 2 years already, are they saying it's gonna' be another 2 years at least? And, we'll be converted to a FSX fan after the FS9 version release. Huh? Are they saying the FS9 version is going to be so awful that we'll scream for the FSX version? That does not sound good.Of course, if CS hadn't promised to release the FS9 version first, they could release the FSX version and then come up with some bogus reason to drop the FS9 version which they've been dying to do for months. The poll has been overwhelmingly one-sided in FS9 1st, then FSX. Of course this burns CS to no end, because as much as they've tried to discourage FS9 users to forget about the FS9 version they just can't seem to get done, we're not about to let them. Most people don't know that at one time CS tried to just casually dismiss the whole FS9 version when the FSX version came out, and when that didn't work, they've tried to keep delaying it (likely because they've done so little work on it), hoping that would work.Now their next tactic is to hold a little poll to see if they can somehow justify dropping it like the hot rock it's become. :-lolWake up CS, FS9 and it's users are NOT going away, and the complete FS9 757 you promised almost 2 years ago has to be released before you release the FSX version, or you'll be reneging on yet ANOTHER promise...something you seem to be real good at with canceled service packs for your 707, 727 and C-130. Anyway, if they stick to this promise to release the FS9 version 1st, we might be in for another year or so wait as they scramble to develop something they should have been all along.But hey, they DO make great exterior models, let's not forget about that. If they just sold them as is with no "implying" that they are working on the complete aircraft. I know the FSX 727 crowd is getting frustrated as well, since they bought it almost a year ago, and not a peep from CS about when the rest of the plane would be done. Oh well, I guess they they're in the same boat as the 757 customers now. Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,I agree with you 100%. :-)Another thing for CS to considder is the fact that other developers who was so enthusiastic about FSX earlier, finally came to their senses and reevaluated their decision to go only FSX. They really know by now, that FS9 is here to stay for a loooong time to come. One very known example is PMDG, and their decision to continue to develop for FS9.:-)But on the other hand, it wouldn

Staffan

Amen, Steve!Craptain Sim is a classic con artist. Plain and Simple. I've been waiting for a finalized 757 for years. I gave up on it and merged it with the PSS 757 panel and am pretty happy with that. I miss the VC view from time to time, but I at least get to enjoy an expensive visual model with an expensive 2D panel that has systems. Funny after all these years of flight simming, NO ONE has EVER released a complete 757 package with a nice visual model and robust systems like PMDG and Level-D. People say, "Level-D is releasing a 757" and all that jazz, but guess what? It's only for FSX, and FSX seems to have a noticeable lack in third-party development. I went back to FS9 solely for the quality add-ons it offers. Ground Environment and Flight Environment are only so good if there are quality packages to fly with. For whatever reason, FSX seems to be dead more than it is alive. I decided to go back to the past, even after purchasing GEX!So back to Captain Sim. They are forcing all of us who are waiting for a 757 to be finished....to WAIT MORE, after purchasing packages through their pointless "block system"....for 2 years....while they develop new models like this B-52 and the F-18 for FSX? Sounds like someone is bowing down to the money god. This is TERRIBLE customer service. It's really a sad situation. They have such terrific modeling, but yet they deserve no merit.They should only sell models and let other developers handle the rest. Or maybe an alliance should be proposed. I feel completely taken advantage of and hope no one ever shells out money to feel like I feel. Don't buy this B-52 or any of their products. I feel robbed, like this is a crime. It almost makes me feel like people pirating a Captain Sim model are actually doing something good, and that's not something I am proud of!Further Angered by Craptain Sim,Scott

>Amen, Steve!>>Craptain Sim is a classic con artist. Plain and Simple. Not Hardly! At least as far as I'm concerned.Captain Sim's exteriors are worth more than most sim aircraft. Just the exterior alone! These people are without doubt, some of the best graphic artists in existance! As a collector of fine aircraft for looks, it doesn't get any better! These reproductions of airplanes are more like very expensive and well crafted paintings!IMO, Con Artists-----------not by a long shot! All depends what we expect, doesn't it! :7 But what the heck, with these type of aircraft, I'm not much interested in full systems, and all that associated junk.... :-hah Long live Captain Sim; my C-130 is an incrediable piece of artwork! L.Adamson

It's not about full systems and visual models. It's about broken promises.I make $15/hour. I work 2-3 hours to pay for most flight sim payware packages, while supporting myself. When Captain Sim doesn't own up to their commitments, I take offense to that. My time is priceless. Too bad I can't get that point across to the makers of these "well-crafted visual models."

> When Captain Sim>doesn't own up to their commitments, I take offense to that. >>Being realistic; in Flightsim land, there have been many suppose- able "broken promises", and commitments. While so many developers start with a bundle of enthusiasm, it doesn't always pan out.Boredom with the project, changes in code, family & financial pressure, sick of complaining simmers, etc....Still --- the visual quality of C/S stands on it's own. That may not interest you, but it does me. L.Adamson

>Being realistic; in Flightsim land, there have been many>suppose- able "broken promises", and commitments. While so>many developers start with a bundle of enthusiasm, it doesn't>always pan out.Well, "always panning out" isn't good enough for those of us who have bought blocks of a 2 year old product line that was planned to have full systems, but currently does not. We should be refunded or some other form of compensation is in order if this 757 is never completed. This type of thing would be reported to the Better Business Bureau if this occurred in any legitimate organization in the United States.The fact that they have released a poll about development for FS9 over FSX is just a slap in our face. Why even post a poll? Uh, hello?! Yeah, we want the FS9 version. Maybe that is what people have been buying the blocks for! I mean, it's only been 2 years....:-roll>Still --- the visual quality of C/S stands on it's own. That>may not interest you, but it does me.I will give credit where credit is due. Yes, they produce outstanding visual models. But I think the only thing currently standing on its own with Captain Sim is their level of B.S. That may not interest you with your C-130, but it interests me with my 757.And I digress, but I also find it a little inappropriate that Avsim advertises Captain Sim products on these forums. If this 757 is never released, I would appreciate it vastly if they no longer display links of payware developers who do not stay true to their word. I'm sure I'm not alone in my feelings on this 757 product. Someone needs to say something at some point. I value my time and I value my money just like other people do.I have been visiting Avsim for years and appreciate it for the resource that it is and the results it provides. However, it is quite bothersome that a Captain Sim B-52 is in development, AFTER the F-18 for FSX Acceleration, while 2 years has passed waiting for the Block F 757....and there is a banner on top of the page where people can buy this very incomplete product.I think anyone with any decent reasoning would see that this type of approach by Captain Sim is nothing short of abominable.

Hello LenSo you are saying that it is fine for CS to break their promises to the customers who bought into the 757 scam."IMO, Con Artists-----------not by a long shot! All depends what we expect, doesn't it!"Len if you had bought a product that promised full systems and you later found that the developer basically lied to get your money , would you still be happy just to sit and look at the empty shell.No you would be dissapointed as your "expectations had not been met"You have been around long enough to know very well what captain sims attitude to its customers has been.I am pleased for you that your expectations are so easily met.

Good thread - so far, let's not get abusive. That way it won't get locked, and maybe, just maybe CaptSim might even see it. Then again.... would they careI too still await the promised contents of my empty 757 shell. I also do a lot of system reinstalls, and Capt Sim, along with FSD, are the ONLY addons that i can garruntee will cause reinstallation issues every time!I will never purchase from either developer again!:(

>Hello Len>So you are saying that it is fine for CS to break their>promises to the customers who bought into the 757 scam.>"IMO, Con Artists-----------not by a long shot! All depends>what we expect, doesn't it!">Len if you had bought a product that promised full systems and>you later found that the developer basically lied to get your>money , would you still be happy just to sit and look at the>empty shell.>No you would be dissapointed as your "expectations had not>been met">You have been around long enough to know very well what>captain sims attitude to its customers has been.>I am pleased for you that your expectations are so easily>met.Maybe we should explain it to Len in terms he could appreciate.Len, suppose you are going to buy the B-52. CS announces that they are done with everything but the engines, so they will release it now so you can buy it and enjoy it, and will release the engines as soon as they are done modeling them. You have no reason to doubt they'll finish the rest of the model, after all, they are a reputable company who keeps its promises right?So you buy the plane, love the exquisite modeling and envision the day when engines will be hanging on the pylons.A few weeks after release, CS posts a message in its forms saying that the progress on the engines is going well, and most of the parts are done by now, stand by for updates. You marvel at the pictures and post words of gratitude of how marvelous they are, and then harmlessly ask if they know when it'll be finished. They thank you for your comments and remind you that they do not give release dates. You understand and patiently wait. Flash to a few months later: After months with no word on progress except for CS reminding everyone that they do not give release dates, you wonder why it

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

First --- I'm not LenSecond --- I never purchase flightsim products based on future "promises". I go along the lines of "what you see now, is what you get". L.Adamson -- C/S-130 & C/S 727 exterior

Steve, You were doing great until you hypothetically used the words Captain Sim and reputable in the same paragraph.Problem is that after all they've done with crappy sales tactics and broken promises.And the thosands of posts telling other simmers of this, People will still buy this crap.So they'll keep making the crap.Why do we settle for stuff like this when we expect so much more from other developers? ie: PMDG, LVL-DTime to put the proverebial foot down and send them a message by not buying there products.I know it's wishful thinking.But we can control the quailty of releases just by being a smarter consumer.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG