Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Captain Sim is making a B-52

Gentleman,If you want a great product, then you will have to wait. Quality doesnt come from 2 week project but from alot of research and taking your time to make sure that, that product is sufficient enough to work. It is when you dont invest your time in research and experimentation that you get a poor product that doesn't do what it is suppose too. Espacially when your working on more than one project at a time, let be patient and let captain sim do a good job instead of pressuring them to work faster. Maybe its better to finish one project at a time, or maybe its better to have a great team to work on more project but what do i know im still in the process of getting my Aeronautical Engineering degree. best regards your fellow flight simmer

>First --- I'm not Len>>Second --- I never purchase flightsim products based on future>"promises". I go along the lines of "what you see now, is what>you get". >>L.Adamson -- C/S-130 & C/S 727 exteriorSorry L.Adamson, saw someone call you Len and thought they knew your 1st name.We should all adopt your purchasing strategy, then we'd all be less likely to be in this mess. Then again, if we did then CS would probably not be in business, because they've "hedged" their development strategy on the method of giving everyone something great in the beginning to get those initial sales, then promising to have the rest done soon. If they stated in the beginning that the rest of the plane was years away (you know...telling the truth kind'a thing), I bet initial sales would have been....sluggish. :-lolRegards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

"Probably the last FS9 user will be converted into true FSX fan by our Block F FS9 version release. ":-lolSo, they'll release it in 2059? ;)Seriously, how can anyone ignore the file library of late. Over two-thirds of addons are for FS9*. File uploaders are choosing to label their creations FS9, when the default category is FSX!!FS9 will be around for many years :)*(I checked the last 100 uploads at 18:10 UTC, and 20% are for FSX ...)

Guest weeniemcween

"And I digress, but I also find it a little inappropriate that Avsim advertises Captain Sim products on these forums. If this 757 is never released, I would appreciate it vastly if they no longer display links of payware developers who do not stay true to their word. I'm sure I'm not alone in my feelings on this 757 product. Someone needs to say something at some point. I value my time and I value my money just like other people do."This bothers me too. But it seems, in order to keep this great resource up and running, Avsim will take money from any developer, except Ariane and Simplates. http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?...7&view=previousI find Avsim's advertising association with Captainsim, not to mention some overly stellar reviews, quite strange when they were so eager to join in the party criticizing Feelthere for closing the airbus forum. But it's also annoying, as others have pointed out, that ACES employed Captainsim to do the F/A-18 modeling for Acceleration. No one should do business with them, the way they treat their customers. I suppose it makes sense, given that this thread is largely about customer support, to mention now that the Leonardo Maddog, despite being exceptional in many areas, still lacks the promised and paid for virtual cockpit and the developers have been pretty rude in terms of not communicating with their customers. It was even left up to a user to get the navigraph pmdg navdata working as it should have with the Maddog FMS. So it would probably be a good idea for Avsim to amend their Maddog review so it mentions these things.

To be fair, for a lot of simmers a very nice visual model is all they are interested in. Others want realistic systems and flight modelling. Some of us want it all! The products out there with nice models but rather light on the systems side don't really interest me at all, but I understand there are plenty of simmers out there who like this stuff. To each his own, and all that.However, I think nearly all savvy flight simmers have seen right through Captain Sim's "Block" purchasing system for what it is:A very cynical way to get people to buy incomplete products.It's quite simple really, produce a nice visual model that makes pretty screenshots, and sell it with the promise of a panel and systems simulation to follow. That way you can churn out visual models and not have to bother with the systems side that appears to take the lion's share of development time with the more complex addon aircraft.Does anyone remember the big press release they made a few years ago with details of more than a few aircraft they were supposed to be releasing? How many of these ever saw the light of day?Captain Sim certainly talks a good job...I feel for those who fell for this. All you can do really is put it down to experience and move on. Hopefully enough people get the message about Captain Sim and the very big "Caveat Emptor" that comes attached to their Block system.

>ACES employed Captainsim to do the F/A-18 modeling for>Acceleration.I've seen this written quite a few times now, but I thought the F/A-18 in Acceleration was done by "Virtuali" who previously produced stuff for Cloud9. In fact if you check out the Virtuali website they have an unofficial support forum for the Acceleration F/A-18.I may be wrong?

>I've seen this written quite a few times now, but I thought>the F/A-18 in Acceleration was done by "Virtuali" who>previously produced stuff for Cloud9. In fact if you check out>the Virtuali website they have an unofficial support forum for>the Acceleration F/A-18.>>I may be wrong?Captain Sim is practically boasting about making content for Microsoft's Acceleration pack on their web site. Below is what appears on the main page:"We create content for Microsoft!The Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack was released by Microsoft in October '07. We are proud to be part of it, and announce that the F/A-18A model in the Pack has been developed by Captain Sim!"....So they can finish projects for Microsoft, huh?

On closer inspection it seems that Captainsim made the external model (and maybe the flight model too?) whilst Virtuali (now known as "FS Dreamteam") developed the VC and systems.

>>*(I checked the last 100 uploads at 18:10 UTC, and 20% are for FSX ...):)Anyway back on topic, I can't wait to get a B-52 for FS, they did some pretty good things with the C-130, and their F-104, so for that I'm convinced that their ability to develop military aircraft is quite high. However, I digress, because I want nothing more than for CS to finish the 707, borrowed panels and systems from their 727 is simply not acceptable.PS I certainly agree their external models are amazing, but if I pay $39.99 for an aircraft, I want the systems and panels to be HI-FI.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

>>>*(I checked the last 100 uploads at 18:10 UTC, and 20% are>for FSX ...)<

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

>People will still buy this crap.>So they'll keep making the crap.>Who are the best graphic artists, when it comes to simulated aircraft?That's right........Carenado & Captain Sim!While you may not appreciate fine artwork, that shows a lot of talent, I do! The word "crap", isn't fitting at all. :-roll L.Adamson

Guest ThrottleUp

I can't argue with their graphics skills. Their external models & VCs are excellent.However what bugs me from a purely eye-candy standpoint (I own the C130 & 757) is what I can only call "incomplete" visual modelling when viewed from *inside* the plane, ie. wingviews. For example when using wingviews:-port 757 wing trailing edge does not exist at all-starboard engine on 757 does not exist-#3 engine on C-130 does not exist Now I have bought these points up before asking why people like Posky can do it and not CS? I was told that its done to "save FPS".http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sprachlo...-smiley-016.gifOk if we were all running vintage Intel386 PCs I would understand but c'mon us lot all have decent PCs and like I said...the freeware people like Posky do it?Amidst all the replies here about complex systems I know my issue is trivial but for us casual "want-a-nice-visual-model-with-nice-wingviews" simmers its a bit off-putting specially when you *PAY* for these planes and then press numpad 3 to look back at your new C130s starboard wing and find an engine/prop missing. And do you know how odd a single-engined 757 feels!C-130 starboard wing, this ones a Tri-130 http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/fragend/...-smiley-001.gifhttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...Up/Missing2.jpg#2 motor on 757 missinghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...Up/Missing1.jpg757 port trailing edgehttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/Thr...eUp/Missing.jpg

It probably does save on fps, since I litterly had to move into a position, to where my head would be out the window to see that missing engine. Of course, I can find many missing structures in in a whole lot of simulated planes, if I want to get real nit-picky. Afterall, it really DOES have an impact on frame rates.However, I'll be sure to ask my son, who spent six years in C-130's with the U.S. Air Force, about the visibility of that "missing" engine, when viewed from within the cockpit.. :-hah And speaking of Posky's, do they have VC's up to the Captain Sim C-130 standard? I wouldn't really know, as I don't have one. L.Adamson

Guest ThrottleUp

Well I paid for these two planes and I buy them *primarily* for wingviews & external models, Im not a systems-simmer :). So thats why Im a bit :( for my "single engined 757" !No, Posky planes dont have the LOD of the CS planes but what they do have are complete wingview models. If their 757 can show both motors and 747 can show all 4 (along with a flexing wing) I dont get why CS "left bits out". Coming back to the C130 engine...they modelled the port two motors just perfectly...so why not the starboard ones lol. Its not just from the cockpit..even when view from one of the windows its missing :(I also agree that many views in FS9 are impractical in the RW (like you mention about the C130) but when Im stuck on this 15" CRT anything that can increase immersion helps...including seeing all 4 motors of your C1130 even if your nose is pressed against the glass :)Im afraid I just cannot buy the "save FPS" thing. All the planes I have that have full "wingview visual modelling" have no FPS problems. A good example is the Dreamwings series of Dash 8 propjets.

>Well I paid for>these two planes and I buy them *primarily* for wingviews &>external models, Im not a systems-simmer :). So thats why Im a>bit :( for my "single engined 757" !>I'm a wing view person myself, since I tend to take a lot of real life photos that include wing views. Yet I still purchase plenty of aircraft from one particular well known developer, who just doesn't include highly detailed wing views in the VC mode, just because so many other options are well crafted.Yet, because I researched what I was getting before purchase; I do not place demands on the developer to also include wing views that fit my particular taste. And at the same time, I'm interested in aerobatic capability of small airplanes, but don't demand that all developers include the same capabilities with their airplanes that may have aerobatic ability, even if it's just slips and spins. All third parties have a "nitch" in the modeling business, and put emphases in particular areas. And thats the problem here. I see the word "crap" in a few replies, that appears to totally ignore what Captain Sim is excellent at.P.S. -- the good slip & spin developer, has excellent VC wing views too !L.Adamson