Sign in to follow this  
Guest sanal

How can I correct this scene?

Guest sanal

My PC is powerful. How can I get full ground scene coverage horizon to horizon? Please see attachment. I have Ground EnvironmentSanal

Post your computer specs and your FS9.CFG file and I'll take a look.Paul.

Guest sanal

Paul,Here is my PC specifications:DELL XPS 410 Intel 2 Duo Processor E6600 (4MB.L2 Cache. 2.4 GHz. 1066 FSB)Memory: 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz- 2 DIMMsVideo Card: 1GB NVIDIA GeFprce 7950 GX2 Dual-GPU Graphics CardHard Drive: Data Safe 250GBMonitor SAMSUNG 22"Tim,SETTINGS:Sight Distance: 80miCloud drawn distance:40mi3-D Cloud percentage:40ThanksSanal

Set your clouds and sight to the same distance, I have mine at 50 miles.

It is not possible to get full terrain coverage, horizon to horizon. The way FS9 terrain works, is that The highest quality resolution bitmaps and mesh are used under your aircraft. From there, resolution rings are drawn, each having a lower quality bitmap and mesh, out to about 4 rings. The number of rings and their size is set in fs9.cfg:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4These affect both mesh and textures. There are other settings that only affect the mesh. Note that there are about as many opinions as to what these three things should be set to as there are flight sim users. These numbers above are based on the best info I have found, as to what the maximum possible quality is in FS9. Bigger numbers won't give any additional improvement, but if you have some that seem to work for you, by all means use them.There is one other setting:TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1This is just a 1 (yes) 0 (no), and determines the maximum range in which terrain will be drawn using the texture bitmaps and vector overlays for things like roads, streams, etc. I forget the range you get with 1, but it is not all the way to the horizon if you set visibility unlimited. What happens in the distance, is that the simplified terrain model is used. In this one, each landclass and waterclass value is assigned a single color, instead of a texture and that color is used the fill the space. To prevent things from looking too simple, a bitmap detail1.bmp is used to provide "noise", so that the actual color used will vary randomly around the set value, rather than being monochrome. The user and scenery designers have no control over the colors used in this simplified terrain system. Thus, when replacement textures are used, often times it is obvious that the colors in the replacement textures do not match up well with the simple colors. This is most obvious over water, sometimes called the "iron cross". The only solution is either to accept it or reduce your visibility.scott s..

Guest sanal

Scott,I made the changes as you recommented:TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=4.500000 (it was 9.00000)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000 (No change Same)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4 (It was 232)TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1 (no change Same)CYYZ ( I don't know your name. I put your signature.)"Set your clouds and sight to the same distance, I have mine at 50 miles.CYYZ)FS9 Settings "Sight distance" does not go below 60 mi. Am I in wrong page?I am also waiting Paul and Tim recommendations. Then I will make a test flight and will inform.ThanksSanal

Option1:Play with visibility settings in weather page, and set visibility to 40 or less. I keep mine at 29nm for high flights (in ASV).Option2:Get FSUIPC registered, and set both visibility limiting options to on.Option3:Get ASV, and set to 29nm.Problem is FS9, not your setup. I have the same problem like you do, and I solved it combining Option2 and 3.

Guest sanal

Word Not Allowed,There is no lower then 60mi in "weather" settings.Will you please verify.Sanal

Like I said above, set them both to 60 then. With FSUIPC and ASV6 I have mine set to 50. You will need to own those payware products to set them lower than 60.

I am following along with this thread. Would you please provide just a little bit more detail in your recommendation for option 2.When I open FSUIPC and open its visibilty tag there are six options identified in that area. Which of the six should be set and to what range.ThanksTom

Guest JTEK99

Yes, I'd like to know that, too. Mr. Dowson's documentation is often too cryptic -- as are his interfaces (hehe) -- to adequately decipher. I've heard that several hundred visits to his forum help out commensurately. :)Peteyfans take note before throwing your gauntlets down... I'm just being funny. I love Pete. Seriously, I do. I pledge allegiance.. to the Pete.... (ahem)

Guest sanal

I have registered FSUIPC and ASV6. I made the change to 50mil in ASV6.FSUIPC where shall I put 50mil. Please see attachment.Sanal