Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Bitumus runway texture?

Mine seems to have gone 'white' probably through downloading a dodgy texture?Does anyone know what 'file' I need to look for on my disks please?Or, better still can you point me to a repair facility?Thanking all in advance.

Dave Taylor gb.png

That sounds like a missing texture. You could download "Airport Environment 7" by Chris Arrington from the library for a new set of textures that I find better than the originals.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium

Art

I have already tried doing that, in fact Chris has 'Environment '8' now and its his final program but, all that does is to alter your markings I find?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You should have runway textures 00 thru 27 and 64 thru 68 in your Texture folder. Runway 11 and Runway 12 textures are the ones at issue here, and these are included in the Airport Environment 7 that I downloaded. If you already have these two textures and have the problem you describe when at the default FS9 Seattle flight, then there is a different issue.Art

Art

This is what I see at (LIMA)Any advise appreciated?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Do you see this at Seattle-Tacoma? It is exactly what I see when the associated runway texture is removed from the Texture folder. If you have AFCAD, try changing the runway to concrete and see what you get. I'm assuming that you verified that you have all the runway textures in the Texture folder.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium

Art

Hi Art, no it wasn't at Seattle but in Italy.The required texture in my FS9 has somehow become corrupted so all Bituminous surfaces (this includes taxi-ways too) are affected.I don't know which one it is, I was hoping that someone reading this does?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Are you saying that the Seattle airport displays okay? I'm trying to establish something we have in common.Now flying with: Biostar TF560-A2+, Athlon 64X2-6000+, Geforce 8800GTS-320MB, 500W PSU, 250GB HD, FS2004, UT-USA, ASV6, FSGen, Vista Home Premium

Art

Yes, mainly because I am using the 'Fly-Tampa' version

Dave Taylor gb.png