Sign in to follow this  
out

London ground textures

So, my problem is the well-known blurries on ground textures. I am sure most of you experience them from time to time and I already got used to facing them when I fly. I have also tweaked the FS9.cfg in all advisable ways.But seeing the blurries sometimes is not the same as not being able to get sharp textures at all.And this is what happens to me when I want to fly over the area of London, UK. Especially that I have purchased two excellent addons: UK2000 Gatwick and Aerosoft (SimWings) Heathrow.Just imagine this awful feeling when I come flying to London from another place and wishing to look down and enjoy the Thames, Tower Bridge, etc while on approach all I get is a totally blurry ground sheet...I am aware two large airports plus some city centre buildings add up to lower FPS, espaecially that my PC is over 3 years old now.But there are places in the world where I have more objects, lower FPS and the blurries are definitely not so bad.So, what can be wrong with my London? Do you guys get this problem too?My hardware:AMD Athlon 64 3000+1 GB RAMRadeon 9800 Pro with latest driversMy software: Windows XP SP2 updatedFS9.1Ultimate Terrain EuropeGround Environment ProActiveSkyBest regards,Rafal

I do and it only seems to be around the London area as well.I have UT Europe and Ground Environment Pro and when flying around London (EGLL) and London Center (EGLC) the ground textures seem blurry constantly.I can fly around Chicago and other big centers around the world and textures stay pretty sharp - the only other area that may stay blurry for me or slow to sharpen is New York City, but other then that all textures stay pretty sharp.P4 2.4 GHZ 3.3GB memory (4GB installed on XP 32 bit SP2),512MB Geforce Nvidia 7600GS video card, 20.1" LG widescreen flatpanel monitor.Thanks.Paul.

Do you have lots of AI aircraft in the sim as well?The London area has two large busy airports and many smaller ones. If you have addon sceneries like UT Europe, as well as detailed sceneries for Heathrow, Gatwick, AND lots of AI, flying a complex aircraft addon......it's a recipe for blurries I'm afraid :(It's a similar situation for NYC if you have sceneries for JFK, Newark and La Guardia with lots of AI.

>Do you have lots of AI aircraft in the sim as well? Well, yes, I do!>...it's a recipe for blurries I'm afraid :( I am afraid you might be right :(Which is a pity, indeed.I hoped for a magic solution, though I felt there is none.Thanks for your replies, Gentlemen.Best regards,RafalP.S. Althoguh I deeply love UTE, especially with its 3D night lighting, I have noticed something quite sad recently.I mostly fly in Europe, where I actually live.But for the last few weeks I was flying also in Asia, in the States, Australia and the Caribbeans. I noiced that outside Europe (means: outside the UTE coverage) I generally have higher FPS plus the ground blurries are rare.What a shame. UTE is so great - I can't imagine flying over Europe without it...