Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Latest offering from Shockwave 3D Lights Redux.

Guest JTEK99

A little late digging up this thread, but I was searching the forums to see if anyone had this latest offering... for FS9, that is.Looks like Shockwave released a 3D Lights Redux package for FS9 fans. Anyone take the leap? The pics at their site look good, but I'm curious as to how hard it is to configure the lights for non-default aircraft.

Oh yeah baby!!!!!!! :-jumpyAnother firm with the good sense to produce products for FS9!As a firm FS9 user I put my money where my mouth is. :-hahDo I regret it? .... not for a millisecond! ...looks like a lot of nightflying ahead! :-batFS9 just keeps getting better. :-outtaHow hard is it to configure the lights for non def aircraft?Well I have not done it yet but it looks pretty easy....Shockwave replaces the lights in the def aircraft ...so you have a template for different aircraft sizes.It looks like just a case of adding the single shockwave gauge to your panel cfg and replacing the name (not positions) of the lights in your aircraft cfg.....that's it. :)

Hey, this looks good. A couple of questions if you don't mind:> Is there any performance hit with these compared to the default ones?> Am I right in assuming that these only replace the light on the AC itself and you still see "spotlight.bmp" projected on the ground?> Assuming the performance is not badly effected, could you add this globally by changing the names of the light FX files to match the old ones and adding the gauge...Geoff

Hi,Where did you buy it?Shockwave website or Simmarket?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Hi,>>Where did you buy it?>Shockwave website or Simmarket?I bought it from the Shockwave website.I have had a further look at the file ...the nav/strobe lights are easily replaced. The Landing light you may well need to place yourself.....not difficult but will need some trial and error on positioning (unless you wait for someone else to do it)I should add...it does not replace spotlight.bmp :)edit: ...some more ###### in the armour are appearing. :(I'll keep you posted.

For example the Shockwave landinglights for the default 747 will not fit the POSKY 747.So beware!.. what fits default aircraft of a type may not fit addon aircraft of the same type!Now that is what I call a swizz! :-loledit: Coooee so this little effect is worth 8 quid!...it's got me thinking!Reverser effect... 19000 downloads x 8 quid! :-eek

Ok so maybe it's not so easy to add the 3D lights if one has to edit the actual effects file!.Which is what I have done ...check here:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=269682&page=

Ed,The 3D lights do not effect the actual shining of the landing/taxi lights on the ground itself, do they?You basically can see the new 3D lights only from the external view?Also: Did you install the new airport/taxi/runway lights?How do they look?Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

>Ed,>>The 3D lights do not effect the actual shining of the>landing/taxi lights on the ground itself, do they?>You basically can see the new 3D lights only from the external>view?>>Also: Did you install the new airport/taxi/runway lights?>How do they look?>>Egbert>Hello Egbert, the 3D lights do not affect the landing/taxi lights on the ground itself.I installed the landing lights into my Carenado Mooney ....the light on the ground is still there but you can see the light effect in the air in front of you in both the 2D and 3D views. I like it I think it is nice.I have not installed the airport or Rwy lights. I don't think the other lights will make too much difference. The main effect is the landing light ...and the strobe is pretty powerful. Here's my final POSKY 744: http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=269706&page=

Guest fokker70

I can't wait for that first early morning or evening flight video. :)

>I have not installed the airport or Rwy lights. I don't think>the other lights will make too much difference. The main>effect is the landing light ...and the strobe is pretty>powerful. >>Here's my final POSKY 744:>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...id=269706&page=Ed, can you actually install both gauges at the same time? I was reading procudure for installing on shockwave forum, and as far as I get it, one can use either normal lights or gear lights. But 747 has both... So my guess is, frontal light effects in front of gear would keep burning even if the gear goes up... Could you confirm?Thx

>Ed, can you actually install both gauges at the same time? I>was reading procudure for installing on shockwave forum, and>as far as I get it, one can use either normal lights or gear>lights. But 747 has both... So my guess is, frontal light>effects in front of gear would keep burning even if the gear>goes up... Could you confirm?>>ThxHello Word Not Allowed,the default Shockwave config for the 747 is gear lights.That is a simple xml gauge that says when the gear is up turn the landing and taxi lights off. Primarily because the 747 has both landing and taxi lights on the nose wheel.I think a compromise is needed. That is only turn the taxi lights off of the nose gear is up. So only have a taxi light on the nose gear as I wish to keep my landing lights on when my gear is up.Better still simply do not use the gauge at all as it will not turn the PMDG 747's lights off anyway! :-lolSo just have a taxi light effect on the nose wheel and remember to turn it off after takeoff. :)