Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

Captain Sim 757 Users

After reading the number of vents in the Captain Sim B-52 thread, I thought I would share this with those of you who are waiting for the finished Captain Sim 757. First of all, a little bit of info for you about me and why the B-52 thread contained some abrasive comments on my behalf. (I apologize if I went a bit too far, I was just a little on edge when I read about yet another product they have in development.)The 757 has long been my favorite airliner, and I have waited Lord knows how long for a complete 757 with all the bells and whistles. To this day, there are none available for any of Microsoft's recent FS versions. I bought FSX and heard about the Level-D 757 and was very excited. However, I miss the payware-quality sceneries of FS2004. I am back to using FS2004 with all the goodies I have and will not go back to FSX until at least Level-D has their 757 done and/or there are some nice payware sceneries for U.S. airports.I bought into the Captain Sim 757 "block" thing simply because I had never had a bad experience with a payware developer. Every time I upgraded my system or needed to reinstall something, folks like Carenado and Level-D were always on their game. They were quick to respond to emails and forum posts and that is something I greatly appreciate when I paid for their product. Captain Sim makes some stellar exterior models. Let me be clear on that. My venting in the B-52 thread is not because I want to take away the fact that they put effort into something that we can enjoy and marvel at. My beef is that in 2 years, there has been a complete failure by Captain Sim to communicate to its paying customers as to why there is/has been a 2-year delay on the 757. Furthermore, they begin other projects (like the B-52 and the F-18 for FSX) and leave things incomplete that were initially promised to have numerous other features. The Captain Sim 757 is the only product I bought into and I am mad enough about that. When I read people complaining about the 707 and C-130, it makes me glad that I didn't buy into more of their products and associated promises. When I get so upset about the 757, I try to think of others who have multiple Captain Sim packages with incomplete and quirky features that will only be dodged if you ask Captain Sim about it in their forum.So on to what I would like to share. If you would like (what I consider to be) a quality 757 package for FS2004, I have some recommendations. I have been using the following, and it gets your money's worth out of two products that are outstanding in their own areas. I should also mention that I am picky in a lot of respects and want the best 757 currently possible. You can combine the Captain Sim 757 exterior model with the PSS 757 panel! I have flown three recent flights and really enjoy it. Do the following if you want your 757 now and not when and if Captain Sim finishes the 757 Block F:***Obviously, you need to own the CS 757 Block B and the PSS 757. I would say if you don't own the PSS 757, go ahead and buy it solely for the panel and systems and just assume that it would be part of the money you spent on Block F for the Captain Sim FMC, flight dynamics, and many bug fixes it will allegedly include.***1) Go to the *other* site and download the PSS 757 panel merge. If you search for it, you will easily find it. You will not find it here at Avsim. Avsim probably didn't get the submission or they chose to not house the file due to the merge contents. If that's the case we should understand and respect that. Follow the merge instructions. It's very easy and you will even get to retain the Captain Sim model animations that are pretty nifty!2) Download the FSX 757 Block B package from the CS site. It's free to upgrade the 757 shell to FSX. When I had FSX installed, I noticed the FSX 757 model contains much more accurate wing flex. You don't have to pull 7 G's to see wing flex in the FSX model. The model works fine in FS2004, and all repaints will not be affected.3) Download Dax Sweetman's aa_300_pw.zip package here at Avsim. Yes, this is a fictional repaint, but it contains 2 texture repaints that you can use on each and every Captain Sim 757. Many haven't noticed, but Captain Sim left every single repaint with incomplete under-wing textures. The darker "spar" gray always stops halfway down the wing. Dax's two textures, 75_R_7_T and 75_L_7_T, contain completely painted textures that will correct each and every 757 you have that does not have under-wing registrations. (Sorry, Europe simmers. I am not a painter and every repaint that comes out for European airlines on the CS model alway uses the incomplete textures. Painters always affix the correct registration to the incomplete wing textures. It's like no one has ever noticed the flaw!) Easily fixable if you know how to paint, unlike me!4) Adjust the aircraft.cfg per the repaints you have and use. I also modified mine to reflect the appropriate engine type. The merge uses the RR freighter .air file, but you can use the correct ones if you adjust your aircraft.cfg to reflect that change.The goofy appearance of the horizontal stabilizers works much better in this merge. The stabilizers always looked way too trimmed up in the standard Captain Sim Block B package. It bahaves and looks a lot more realistic in this merge.I have only done 3 flights so far on this, but it is quite satisfactory, even for my standards. You get an FMC with an overhead and clickable "hot spots" on the 2D panel. If you love virtual cockpits, then you might be disappointed since you will have to fly with the 2D panel. But also you get a 757 that feels much more like a 757 and not a default 737. And you get all this while utilizing your beautiful Captain Sim 757 "shell."I am wondering if anyone else has tried what I am using and is enjoying it as much as I am. I don't feel quite as "ripped off" since I'm able to fly more realistically!If you have any questions, I will be glad to answer them and provide the limited help I am capable of. Don't count on Level-D type customer support, but you can count on a level much higher than Captain Sim's! :-lolhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181688.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/181689.jpgBest Regards,Scott

Hello,With all due respect, why in the world should I or anyone else have to purchase two aircraft and then alter various areas/sections of these aircraft to make one work correctly?, especially when Capt. empty promises blocked off his B757 with promises that it will be a complete B-757 aircraft (including systems / sub systems).

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

>Hello,>>With all due respect, why in the world should I or anyone else>have to purchase two aircraft and then alter various>areas/sections of these aircraft to make one work correctly?,>especially when Capt. empty promises blocked off his B757 with>promises that it will be a complete B-757 aircraft (including>systems / sub systems).>>Oh, I agree with you completely. I am simply tired of waiting. Even when and if Block F comes out, I probably couldn't consciously give Captain Sim more money after the way we have been treated. It would be a serious decision struggle, but I am just fed up.The PSS model leaves a bit to be desired, but I have always liked their panels going back to the older days. At least I can fly a pretty robust 757 this way. If anything, we live and learn. I learned not to buy anything on impulse without waiting for a thorough review of the product and the customer support. It's a shame that there are people out there completely after our money and not for the benefit of the hobby. Those scales have shifted with a handful of these developers....

>Hello,>>With all due respect, why in the world should I or anyone else>have to purchase two aircraft and then alter various>areas/sections of these aircraft to make one work correctly?,>especially when Capt. empty promises blocked off his B757 with>promises that it will be a complete B-757 aircraft (including>systems / sub systems).>>Perhaps the same reason that people buy simulated aircraft, then purchase additional 3rd party panel software such as GPS's etc.Happens all the time! :-hah Add up the cost, then decide.L.Adamson --- doesn't work for empty promises either :-lol

>The PSS model leaves a bit to be desired, but I have always>liked their panels going back to the older days. I remember in the real "old" days, that PSS models were cutting edge for airliners. But I suppose some of these developers have been getting a bit worn out after all these years! :7 L.Adamson -- signing off for now

Hi,If the aircraft and systems/sub systems was/were never promised, then yes I can see combining products. The customer knows in advance they are not getting a complete aircraft. However, in this case an entire ("COMPLETE") product was promised, and as usual, never delivered.Deliver the block, if its crap, so-be-it. at least it was delivered. Then people can make the decision to butcher two or three different products to make one complete aircraft.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Well someone needs to say thank you to Scott for your helpful post and generous offer of time and expertise. It's really special when someone goes out of their way to be helpful to others - thank you Scott!

Guest lark4jr3

Scott,Are there wing views created to use with this panel merge?I have always liked the screen shots posted on the Captain Sim website with the 2D panel, but obviously cannot use them. The passenger views and the back-and-side view from the cockpit are what is shown, I believe. I'm not very good at creating the wing views, but I will try if I have to...Thanks for your help in advance,lark4jr3

I think they bit off more than they could chew on this one,It just goes to show how long it takes to get a good complex airliner product to us.:-)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Aris,Try loading the Default Cessna first and turning on the Master Battery and Avionics switches. Then load the 757 and see if you have lights.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Sorry for leaving anyone hanging that had questions for me in this older thread. The holidays were busy and I missed the replies during that span. Some additional tidbits I have discovered since the initial post-1) To see the correct engine gauges on the panel for the engine type in use, use the following structure in your aircraft.cfg. Change only what is indicated in parenthesis for your aircraft. Something with PSS's coding associates the gauges and FMC IDENT page with one of the aircraft cfg entries, probably the "title=" and "description=" lines.[fltsim.x]title=757-200 PW overwing exits (Airline goes here)sim=PSSB752_PWmodel=PWLpanel=sound=pwtexture=(Texture folder)atc_id=(Registration number here)atc_airline=(Airline name)atc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Captain Simui_type="757-200 PW overwing exits"ui_variation=(Airline name)description= "B757_200 with Pratt & Whitney 2040 Engines." atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP[fltsim.x]title=PSS 757-200 RR overwing exits (Airline goes here)sim=PSSB752_RRmodel=RRLpanel=sound=rrtexture=(Texture folder)atc_id=(Registration number here)atc_airline=(Airline name)atc_flight_number=1123atc_heavy=0ui_manufacturer=Captain Simui_type="757-200 RR overwing exits"ui_variation=(Airline name)description="757-200 with RollsRoyce RB211-535E4B" atc_id_color=0x00000000atc_id_font=Verdana,-11,1,600,0visual_damage=1atc_parking_types=GATE,RAMP2) I recently found this minor issue. You cannot do a flight in, say a Cessna, and then swap over to the 757. If you do so, the radio and FMC panels will display behind the main panel. I do not know how to correct that problem at this time.3) I received one report of flaps that completely retract without command. This issue was something I never experienced, but was resolved by the person encountering the problem. Their fix was to edit the "model=" line and choose the non-vc model of the 757. I never had the vc model in my cfg, so I never had the problem. The above info already contains the the non-vc models, so this should not be an issue if you follow it.I should mention the original merge core credit goes to Junior Puente (THANKS!) and that I have just trial and errored these updates to use other variants with the merge with greater accuracy.Thanks,ScottKPNS

Oh dear god.. It is 2008 folks, fly from the VC. bitmap panels went away in 2002 :)

>Oh dear god.. >>It is 2008 folks, fly from the VC. bitmap panels went away in>2002 :)>Poppycock! :-hah