Sign in to follow this  
Aerodynamic

Captain Sim 757 Users

i'm with ed on this one! best FS9 hack i have ever read in a FS forum -to remove VC -[blockquote]Bob Scott, http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...g_id=7793&page=[br]To disable the VC and keep the landing lights coded in the .mdl file, use a hex editor to look for the second occurrence of 00 22 00 39 00 in the .mdl file, and change the 39 to 38 (not 00). This should kill the VC textures and keep the landing lights coded into the model visible from the 2D flight deck view.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-VSantiago de Chile[/blockquote]--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Lol then why even buy payware ;panyhow, immersion vs mindless button clickin. I would rather "fly"

I agree that VCs are great, but unfortunately Captain Sim still has an incomplete 757 product in the FMC department. I choose to have the FMC over a virtual cockpit. Personal preference. To each, his own.If you want a 757 that looks and functions as accurately as possible, we have to wait for Captain Sim to stop working on new projects and finish the 757 or get on the FSX wagon when Level-D's 757 comes out. Seems like neither are going to happen anytime soon....so this is holding me over.ScottKPNS

immersion is a personal thing. in many ways i enjoyed FS as much on my mac running FS1 ... and that was mono-color with 'stick' graphics.all FSers are playing a mental game. until one has their hand on a real plane, or a real transport jet, it is just one's ability to believe all the things are happening v. just electricity dancing in silicone.i get that from a 2D cockpit. never enjoyed or even look for a VC (and on my machine VCs uselessly suck CPU/vid-card power from having fluid FPS).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Well i fly in real life (no not commercial) and if i have to use a 2d view (fixed viewpoint) i would crash every minute pretty much :(to each his own but 2d users are very noisy in pushing developers away from VCs. it's a trend than needs to halt.....

>to each his own but 2d users are very noisy in pushing>developers away from VCs. it's a trend than needs to halt.....You really do talk a lot of rubbish..the trend is in the opposite direction. :)Because of smooth gauge technology now available flying from the VC now makes some sense.

Guest RGarnette

I agree that gauges have smoothed out VC flying somewhat. This is my first reply on avsim. Even though I have been logging on to forums for years! Here is what should happen in a "perfect" FS world. Modelers like Captain Sim would work with gauge developers like Reality-XP and ISG. Right now I have the CS757 running on ISG gauges.However someone needs to work on the aircraft cfg. for proper weights etc..Once that is done I have (and anyone else for that matter) would have the Block "F" version. You could even add the RXP weather radar!It might be a stretch to think that most simmers have a bunch of third party programs. The community needs to get together and figure out ways to make complete products in cooperation. Captain Sim sells you the model for $15.00. ISG sells the gauge package for $20.00 and someone creates cfg. and panel files to bring it all together.In the real world, aircraft manufacturers rely on different companies for engines, avionics and such. Shouldn't we do the same?By the way Ed I have admired you FS work for years!Ray

Thanks for the info on the merge, i have just a question though. I don't seem to be able to use my FMC in that it wont show at all? Why might this be? Also how do i select the icons for the bottom left corner to select all the doors and features? Thanks, Steve

I here you on the Capt Sim rant. The 707-300 they made was about two small bug fixes away from possibly being the most (convincing) realistic feeling (no, I have never flown a real heavy) heavy ever made for PC flight simulation. They never fixed them. I neve understood why.RH

>Thanks for the info on the merge, i have just a question>though. I don't seem to be able to use my FMC in that it wont>show at all? Why might this be? Also how do i select the icons>for the bottom left corner to select all the doors and>features? Thanks, SteveHi Steve. The standard CS icons on the lower left will work for ATC, map, animations panel, etc. The animations panel is the "A" in red. The animations will still work in the merge as CS designed them. If there is an FMC button, (can't remember or check now since I am at work) it will not work since it would be allotted for the CS FMC when/if it becomes available.I always use the "hot spots" on the PSS 2d panel. If you click on the overhead, the overhead will appear. If you click on the pilot's FMC display, the PSS FMC will display. If you click on the FO's FMC display, the pedestal/throttle portion will appear. Radios are on the far right of the 2d panel.Please see my post above about the FMC appearing behind the main panel. This happens when you select a 757 configured with this merge AFTER using another aircraft. I suggest you try picking your 757 to fly right when you start FS9 and then see if you have the issue. If so, please PM me and I will be glad to assist in my off hours.Thanks,Scott