Sign in to follow this  
Guest kologa

Am i retarded?

Guest kologa

Ok,This is REALLY starting to frustrate me. I am really into FS at least trying to become good. So i figured i would pick up PMDG so i got the 737 package. I finally got the autopilot A/T to turn on and now i when im in the air everything is turned on autopilot wise yet this f-ing plane does not do what its told whats the deal?

There is a tutorial that is included in the documents, I suggest you read it through and follow it step by step. PMDG has a forum here at Avsim, just scroll down the main page to find it. If this is your first experiance with a highly detailed aircraft you may have a steep learning curve, but learn each system and how they interact with each other and you should make progress. Again, you MUST go through the tutorial flights a few times to familiarize yourself with the aircraft. Remember once you get proficient on the 737NG, you'll find most transport aircraft remarably similar and your transition to other aircraft a lot easier.Good luck and happy flying.Dave F.There is an auther named Mike Ray who rights excellent books on aircraft, some of his articals can be found at this site http://www.fsvisions.nl/site/content/view/61/7/

The PMDG is the closest desktop pilots will get to flying a real 737. It's also almost as complicated.You will need to fully program the FMC and configure the bird prior to take off to fully enjoy it.If your clueless how to operate the FMC might I suggest Mike Rays "Flying the 700 series" manual. It will change what and the way you fly.

kologa:there are some differences, but the old dreamfleet 737-400 FMC manual is VERY detailed. the older 'classic' FMC is different than the NG's, but the ideas are the same.here is the link to the dreamfleet 737-400 product page -http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ga737scroll down to the bottom for the link to the FMC manual download.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

>YES>>RTFMOh come on Dave, it's the guy's first post, prehaps he's just a bit over-excited and jumped in without giving it too much thought. Don't you think the previous posts replied to him in a courteous and friendly way without the need to be unpleasant?Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest iflyc77

You have to be smarter than the plane. ;)

>>YES>>>>RTFM>>Oh come on Dave, it's the guy's first post, prehaps he's just>a bit over-excited and jumped in without giving it too much>thought. Don't you think the previous posts replied to him in>a courteous and friendly way without the need to be>unpleasant?>>Best regards!Believe me I could have said worse Gavin. ;-) When a guy refers to on of my favourite 'aircraft' as this F---king plane, he is the one being unpleasant don't you think?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Eek

Dave's reply is the correct one. The other reply is the politically correct one. The OP can take one and leave the other... his choice.:-hah EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

I went to the Doctor's office,I said, "Hey Doctor, it hurts when I do this."Doctor said, "RTFM!"Also if the FMC is daunting you don't actually have to use it.Another idea is to fly the Tinmouse (no FMC) and once you're good with that move to the NG and suddenly what the FMC needs and does is alot more obvious.

>>>YES>>>>>>RTFM>>>>Oh come on Dave, it's the guy's first post, prehaps he's>just>>a bit over-excited and jumped in without giving it too much>>thought. Don't you think the previous posts replied to him>in>>a courteous and friendly way without the need to be>>unpleasant?>>>>Best regards!>Believe me I could have said worse Gavin. ;-)>> When a guy refers to on of my favourite 'aircraft' as this>F---king plane, he is the one being unpleasant don't you>think?Fair point that Dave.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)