Sign in to follow this  
Guest GA Flyer

FSeconomy with FSCargo

Guest GA Flyer

I'm just learning about this FSeconomy app and like the idea. Their website offers info but I think its one of those things you have to do it to really see it work. Which will most likely be my next step. I do have a question if any of you guys use it and that is:Do you fly via a multiplayer session or is it on line but you keep AI and default ATC?I wonder what the chances are of FSCargo combining with FSEconomy? I recently started using FSCargo In the Misty, Tongass, Glacier Bay area with a freind and enjoy the objective aspect that FSCargo offers. I guess in an ideal world for me, I would like to have Bush Flyers Unlimited ran in FSE with the use of FSCargo.

Just a few points:-FSEconomy - You can fly FSE either online or offline. It is totally up to you. The program only cares that you get from one airport to the other with the correct payload. -FS Cargo - I recently got into FSCargo with FSE's recent problems. First off, they both do the same thing, so combining them would be unusual. You can certainly have both and use them separately. FSEconomy is just a separate freeware program that you install, so it is really easy to get and play around with. The program has a little bit of a learning curve, but once you get the hang of it, it works just fine. Anyway, as a user of both, here are my brief comparisons of the programs:FSEconomy plusses:-freeware :)-Will use any airport in the fs2004 database without any action from you. For any region in the world, there is probably an assignment somewhere. -Has a basic economic model for renting/buying aircraft. It is simplified, but works well for balancing more complex and fast planes and their increased costs. -You can use time acceleration. FSEconomy minusus:-Occasional technical problems. The staff does a great (and thankless) job keeping things running, but they do have issues from time to time. There have been some long outages. (It appears to be down now again?)-Finding assignments can be a little time consuming. You have to fly the plane that is nearby your assignment and often have to make multiple hops. -Because FSE uses any FS2004 airport, sometimes you will be directed to an airport that just happens to be in a deep canyon because of mesh problems. Not the fault of the program at all, but it does happen. -You get penalized for pausing the sim (aircraft rental price goes off real time)FS Cargo plusses:-Really easy to get an assignment. Just pick the plane you want to fly, and start at an airport that is available to FSC or nearby another. -When you generate an assignment, if you don't like it (or can't fly it), you can just keep generating new ones until you find one you like. For example, if you are flying in Washington State, and they want you to fly in a non-instrument airport during terrible weather, you can just generate a new assignment to a more suitable airport. -You can pick the airports you fly into. This is nice as you can pick only those airports which you have addon scenery for. For example, in Washington State, I only fly into airports with commercial or freeware airport sceneries. -With FS Cargo, you actually have to deliver the cargo to a specific spot at the airport. This can make things fun and challenging. -With FSC, you can cancel or quit an assignment without any real consequence. Sometimes you just can't finish a flight for a reason. -You can pause the sim and not get any penalty. FS Cargo minuses:-You can only fly into airports that either you or someone else have setup ahead of time. (this is both a plus and minus). It is very easy to set up airports, but it is something you have to do ahead of time unless there is a file already out there. -When downloading FSC files for airports, you have to have the exact same scenery as the person who set it up, otherwise it will work strangely. For example, the cargo area could be inside of a building or something and you will never find it. I started a flight at a georender airport, only to find the cargo area off on the other side of a bunch of trees and couldn't get there. -Time acceleration is considered a cheat, so all flights must be made real time. This makes flights longer than 1 hour difficult (and at times boring). There are tons of nice flights within 45 minutes - an hour though. ----------------Basically, get FS Economy and try it as it is free. Check out FS Cargo if you want something else... read the manual and the forums and see what the program is about. http://www.fsaddon.com/products/products_fscargo_V1.htmlI've been a long time FSEconomy flier, but I am happy with FS Cargo as well.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest GA Flyer

Great reply. I suppose what I like about the idea of FSE is that it is community based where FSC is not. However, like you mentioned, FSC offer actual loads and specific spots that are fun and challenging and customized to your addon or prefered fields to use.What my friend and I do is consider ourselves "Freight Dogs" for the BFU and use FSC to generate the job instead of a posted job on the BFU site. We rotate flights Wednesday night in my sim and after the flight we go out for a drink or food and talk about the flight briefly. However, this takes away what the BFU does with how it hands out jobs and that got me thinking.What if there was a way to combine all 3. Seems FSE offers clubs a place to operate so have BFU be one of thoses. Then the idea of limiting the fields to preferred fields for assignments like how FSC works. Lastly after you get a job from FSE and know what fields you have to fly to and from, create a two field CR1.config file for FSC so that you run FSC and it generates the same job. Start your flight and you now have FSE running and FSC running with actual loads and specific spots. All the while earning money for BFU and helping keep BFU very active.Any thoughts?

Running FSE and FSC might be tough, but it may work. It would end up being a ton of work though I think... FSE is a lot more picky about weight and fuel in the plane. Actually, I don't see why you would run both, if you have a good FSE flight set up, what do you need FSC for? The biggest drawback to FSE is finding a good flight, but if you have one through an online group, then that problem is solved.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest GA Flyer

Craig you said"Occasional technical problems. The staff does a great (and thankless) job keeping things running, but they do have issues from time to time. There have been some long outages. (It appears to be down now again?)"The down part means in the app window I read "Service currently unavailable"is that what you mean?