Sign in to follow this  
Guest roger01

A Smooth/Fluid GA Aircraft?

Guest roger01

Hi. Been several years. I use FS2004 primarily for instrument work. I have the Meridan. Wonderful. However, what are the best GA aircraft available now that has very smooth/fluid action instrument panel movement for 2004? I'd like something down in the smaller single engine category to use in addition to the Meridan. Thanks. Edit: I just may have found my own answer. It looks like the Piper Dakota should be what I'm looking far. Any other thoughts welcome though.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

If you like VCs, RealAir's SF260 has the smoothest guages you're going to find or need. Plus it's one of the finest fliers available...

Absolutely. The RealAir 260 or Scout are about the best there are for what you are seeking.

Guest roger01

Thanks everybody. Since I'm looking for IFR procedures flying mostly, my emphasis is on very smooth 2D views/gauges.

Guest fuel_dump

I just bought the dreamfleet Archer III a couple days ago and love everything about it, they got a dakota coming out soon to. If you're talking about fps, they have dxt3 paints and to quote the manuel:"You will need to spend some time

Guest roger01

I'm 2.4GHz, 512 ram, 256 video card. Does it appear the Archer would be good with that? Thanks.

Guest roger01

I reviewed all of your suggestions and decided the Archer III was probably the best for what I'm looking for. I bought it and it is excellent, just what I needed. The gauges are smooth as glass. It is a perfect addition to the Piper Meridian. Between the two of them, you should have all your IFR training/practice needs covered. Thanks. roger

Guest fuel_dump

Right On; I have a P4 2.8 @ 3.06, 1gb of ram, and geforce6 card.The only problems I had at first was textures loading when swapping between views, but I've since done a hardrive defrag and all is well. Just did a flight out of a busy airport with loads of detailed traffic and weather, 32bit paint on it, and swapping from 2d - 3d - to spot views, I had only one little texture stutter. So I'm 100% happy now.