Sign in to follow this  
radikaltekno

Plane won't go straight on takeoff and taxi

Hi,Since i've been playing with my X-52 or Pro Yoke, 98% of the time when I taxi and especially when I take off, my plane will not go straight on the ground. It veers either to the left or right. My joystick is always calibrated and i check the in-game throttle quadrant to make sure i don't just put one engine on. Anyone knows why it does this and how to stop it!?Thanks!Marc

Which aircraft?But pretty much all aircraft which don't have balanced multi-engines will pull toward one side of the runway and require some rudder input to stay straight.What are the weather settings?Some aircraft - especially light tail draggers tend to 'weathervane' either into the wind or get knocked a$$ over tea kettle by a following wind.

I fly boeing, airbus, Embraer, pretty much all airline aircraft. I use mainly Posky and Kittyhawk designs.I like to fly with real world weather updated every 15 minutesIt sucks to always have to use the rudder on takeoff. I like to use different angle during take off :(Thanks!

Guest fullstoplanding

Go to: Settings > Realism > Flight Controls. Click on "Auto rudder." This may help, especially on T/Os

Also, try hitting the num5 key after taking the num lock off. This centers all control surfaces.Chuck B.

Guest geognut

I've run into this problem before and I discovered that if I have previously saved a flight with the autopilot engaged, no matter what flight or aircraft I load after that, the plane always veers way to the right or left when taxiing and flying. It's because the autopilot is engaged. I had to disengage the autopilot, then save the flight. Then subsequent flights don't load with the autopilot....and the resulting waywardness...

>I've run into this problem before and I discovered that if I>have previously saved a flight with the autopilot engaged, no>matter what flight or aircraft I load after that, the plane>always veers way to the right or left when taxiing and flying.>It's because the autopilot is engaged. I had to disengage the>autopilot, then save the flight. Then subsequent flights don't>load with the autopilot....and the resulting waywardness...I have had this problem on occasion too and have just learned to accept it. I never considered the Autopilot issue! Good catch!Chuck

Guest iflyc77

Try your flight director, yaw dampner, and any crosswind components you might encounter.Hope it works!

Also check your axis assignments in game. You may have one of your rotaries set for your rudder trim. You could also try adjusting the rotaries when this condition occurs to see if makes it better or worse.