Sign in to follow this  
Guest comandante

PSS 777 problem..

Guest comandante

Hi all.I have been using pss 777 for 4 weeks.But I have a problem.after takeoff i started using autopilot.I increased altitude to FL330.But jet didn't stop at FL330.I increased simulation speed to 16x because it had a long range flight.After i did this, jet is increasing FL340 then decrease FL320.It isn't flying balancely.Can anyone help me please?I am using PSS777 with SP2.Thanx for all

Guest franksalot

Hi, I've been using the PSS B772LR almost daily but have not had that problem. The PSS version of the T7 can be a little 'touchy'. Have you tried changing the FL at 'normal' simulation rate?I have found that when I want to change FL I have to either click on the FLCH button then VNAV, that's if clicking on the White Altitude knob doesn't work.Let me know how it goes; also you could checkout this website = http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan - you may have to Register.Ken

Guest comandante

>Hi, I've been using the PSS B772LR almost daily but have not>had that problem. The PSS version of the T7 can be a little>'touchy'. Have you tried changing the FL at 'normal'>simulation rate?>I have found that when I want to change FL I have to either>click on the FLCH button then VNAV, that's if clicking on the>White Altitude knob doesn't work.>Let me know how it goes; also you could checkout this website>= http://www.jdserver.mine.nu/johan - you may have to>Register.>>Ken>hi.first thanks for link.you sad "Have you tried changing the FL at 'normal' simulation rate?".Sorry but i don't understand what is the FL.Can you explain me please.:)

Guest franksalot

What I meant was - if you enter 34000 into the Altitude window on your panel, can you climb to that Flight Level with your Fs9 simulation rate set at Normal, instead of 16x?The question of Flight Level or Altitude is slightly more complicated, it depends on which country you are flying in, is one factor e.g. Flight Level in the USA starts at 18000 feet (I'll be corrected if that is wrong :)).One definition of Flight Level is as follows = "Flight level: A measure of altitude used by aircraft flying above 18,000 feet. Flight levels are indicated by three digits representing the pressure altitude in hundreds of feet. An airplane flying at flight level 350 is flying at pressure altitude 35,000 feet. This is expressed as FL 350". I'll go and have a rest in a darkened room now :)I hope this helps.Ken

Guest comandante

>What I meant was - if you enter 34000 into the Altitude>window on your panel, can you climb to that Flight Level with>your Fs9 simulation rate set at Normal, instead of 16x?>The question of Flight Level or Altitude is slightly more>complicated, it depends on which country you are flying in, is>one factor e.g. Flight Level in the USA starts at 18000 feet>(I'll be corrected if that is wrong :)).>One definition of Flight Level is as follows = "Flight level:>A measure of altitude used by aircraft flying above 18,000>feet. Flight levels are indicated by three digits representing>the pressure altitude in hundreds of feet. An airplane flying>at flight level 350 is flying at pressure altitude 35,000>feet. This is expressed as FL 350". I'll go and have a rest in>a darkened room now :)>>I hope this helps.>>Ken I am explaining my problem again.:)I started a new flight with PSS 777.It started cold and dark cockpit.I performed checklist and started the flight.I taked off and started climbing.After i climbed to FL330, i selected altitude FL340 and Vertical speed 500ft/min.Everything normal until here.jet is climbed FL340.But a problem was occured.Jet started moving between above and below.But its increased when i selected simulator speed to 16x.when simulator's speed up jet was moving between FL350 and FL330.So tower gived a warning.It was saying "You are above FL340 please descent FL340".But i didn't control jet becouse autopilot was engaging.I don't have a problem when i disengaged autopilot.But i come on this problem when i every engaged it.Sorry becouse my english is so bad.:(.

For me 8x is about the limit. 4x does fine, but 16x is too much. I only use 8x when over the oceans on a really long flight.

John K

Guest Ron Service

I seem to recall that 8x was the limit mentioned in the manual, which isn't bad considering the complex graphics involved.Some developers do not support any sim rate above 1x.If you are using the xp op system you might also consider using fsautostart to reduce background processes.Ron

Guest vrandar

>for me PSS 777 never work properly beyond 2X, not even 4 and>forget about 8X ,you might have the same problem as me, just>use 1x or 2 at maxYes, it's the same for me with the Airbus family: 2x is fine but anything more is impossible.Don't forget we now have the Unofficial PSS Forum here at avsim.Rob ElliottPSS Support

Guest comandante

> If I understand your problem correctly, I think it goes>directly back to flying at 16x. It cannot make corrections>that fast and will oscillate. Does it work fine at 1x? If so,>I think you know the solution. >>Jay Eklund>CAT VI Senior Captain KDEN>http://online.vatsimindicators.net/812321/764.pngNo it doesn't work correctly at 1x.i either come on this problem 1x or 16x when i engaged autopilot..

PSS always stated that the T7 must be loaded as they specify for most anything to work as advertised. Having said that, I also recall a discussion at the old PSS support forum that high acceleration will not work.Jim Harnes