Sign in to follow this  
ThreeGreens

Sale on - Captainsim 24hours

Hi,Not invlolved with CS just a customer - they have a Chrissy sale on now everything USD9.99.Most of their stuff is 'ok'.If this type post isnt allowed I apologise.Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

Guest krswen

They'll make it up when the C-130 for FSX goes on sale for the breathtaking price of over $130 if you want EICAS and an L100.

Guest MattNW

Lot of nice planes for sale cheap but I went through H*** trying to purchase and install. Ebay was slow as molasses and half the time I got a blank page when going through checkout. Had to go back and start again about ten times before the sale went through. Installation was also problematic. Nice time to switch registration servers. Tried several times to register two of the airplanes but kept getting either an error message or "Registration Invalid" message. Finally tried one of the other airplanes which apparently had it's installer updated and it told me where to download a patch to point to the correct registration server. After that everything installed correctly.Took over an hour to get everything installed but if you can stand the headaches the airplanes are fantastic. I purchased the Yak-23 about a month ago and it's one of my favorites now. No problem purchasing or installing it. On their "partners" page they list Flight One as a partner. Why can't they use the F1 wrapper system? :-grr

Guest MattNW

If you have FSUIPC it's best to move it out of your "modules" folder before installing any of the CS aircraft. One of the ones I purchased installed an old version of FSUIPC over top of my current. Suspects: F-104, Mig-21, 707 or C-130 Spectre Gunship.Don't know which one but when I started the sim after installing I got a warning saying the FSUIPC was not compatible with the updated sim and Fs9 crashed. Downloaded a new FSUIPC and dropped that in and it fixed the problem.

Guest MattNW

Just in case anybody is interested. It's the F-104 that installs an old version of FSUIPC. Just copy FSUIPC before instaling the F-104 and drop the copy back into the folder after installation. All settings and FSUIPC registration is still in effect.Found it in the FAQ for the F-104:http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/kb.pl?p=f104&i=6#q260

What's with the "Blocks" under teh 757 model? Doesn't the ship come 'complete'? Or do they sell it in pieces to make their profit?Should I buy the custom sound package block and a/c configurator block?Chuck B.

>What's with the "Blocks" under teh 757 model? Doesn't the>ship come 'complete'? Or do they sell it in pieces to make>their profit?>>Should I buy the custom sound package block and a/c>configurator block?>>Chuck B.Not trying to sound rude but,Where have you been?The CS 757 is the most talked about POS incomplete addon in the forums.To this day it still isn't done and they're on to new products already. Avoid CS like the plague.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

>>Not trying to sound rude but,>Where have you been?Flying, mostly. And living. And not to sound confrontational but, you did sound rude. ;-) Really, I was just looking at the site and became a little wary of the pricing structure -- I'm glad you tipped me off.>>The CS 757 is the most talked about POS incomplete addon in>the forums.>To this day it still isn't done and they're on to new products>already. >>Avoid CS like the plague.Thanks -- I just came across this thread this AM in my daily digest, and when a place is having a "24 hour" sale and time is limited, when you haven't been looking at their products at all, hence not reading up on them, and the product appears to only be 15 or 20 bucks, you tend not to have a lot of time to do research. Maybe that's what they're counting on. But I was smart enough to post here first, though.I really appreciate the heads up, though -- sounds like you saved me a lot of headaches. Thank you!Chuck B.P.S. I registered on the site over 2 hours ago and still haven't received a confirmation email yet. Easy to have a great sale when you don't have to deliver the goods! (I tried again using a different email address -- same result)

If it wasn't for the guys here at Avsim, I would have jumped on the 9.95 deal myself. But when a vendor gets this much press, I'll use my buying power somewhere else.Thanks to all the folks who posted their experiences with CS. Too bad. Now I have 9.95 burning a hole in my pocket. %&$#@

>>Thanks to all the folks who posted their experiences with CS.>Too bad. Now I have 9.95 burning a hole in my pocket. %&$#@Hey, Kimchoc: if that 9.95 hole in your pocket gets too big, I.M. me privately and I'll give you my paypal address. ;-)Chuck B.

I got the C-130 pro when it first came out, to this day I have never been able to start the engines without the using the CTL-E key very bummed(yes I am aware of the 'tutorial' but it is set up for an external power source vs the gas gen start)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>I got the C-130 pro when it first came out, to this day I>have never been able to start the engines without the using>the CTL-E key >>very bummed>I just bought the C130 Pro. I figured at this price it's a good deal. The only disappointment is the very low refresh rate of VC gauges. But overall it's IMO a very well done aircraft. I may not be able to figure out how to start this thing either, it looks very complex and different. But for $14.00, I'd be happy to just let it sit at the ramp and keep loading and unloading the tanks and troops. fun fun. :)Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest MattNW

Those are different models. The C-130 is similar. There's the base package which is the general C-130 and then there are add on models like the one I wanted in particular the Spectre Gunship. I also got the float plane version. Never seen a C-130 on floats before. What I was unhappy about was the fact that the description for the add on models say they are "stand alone" models. This is misleading because all you get with the "stand alone" is a panel aliased to the default B-747 and no VC plus a number of other features are turned off. To get those you also have to purchase the base package. Not "stand alone" in my book. That's why I've not gotten the C-130 until now. At $19.99 for the base and $9.99 for the other models it's worth getting all three. Previous prices would have you paying $85.98. As I said above, the quality of CS aircraft is fantastic. Good flight dynamics and stunning models. Pricing and installation/registration however need a lot of work. EDIT: I meant euros.

the message I recieved was 9.99 in euros which translates into about $14.00 US dollars. Still not quite cheap enough.

>Hey, Kimchoc: if that 9.95 hole in your pocket gets too big,>I.M. me privately and I'll give you my paypal address. ;-)>>Chuck B.>HA! 9.95Its KILLING me. I just want to keep spending and adding stuff. Each thing I add is more realism. Great hobby..... a lot cheaper than dirt car racing, LOLBut I'm sticking with the "dont spend, at captian sim's" group. Just my 2 cents.