Sign in to follow this  
ThreeGreens

Sale on - Captainsim 24hours

You think PMDG is going to have a sale for 9.99 Euros on all their models? To be fair I can go up to 25 euros on their fs9 747.;) :-smile12

Either they didn't document the engine start procedure properly so we're all being told how to do it wrong, or it's a bug they simply haven't (and probably won't) fix, at least for FS9.... Maybe it'll get fixed in the FSX version, but the FS9 version will probably remain unstartable without ctrl-e.....I've never got it to start without ctrl-e either......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest calamarr

I have the captain sim Hercules for FS9 (Just flight boxed version) and i can start the plane in the virtual cockpit, and without using ctrl+E :-hmmm

It's been a day and a half now since I tried to start a new account with them and I still haven't received an activation email yet -- at either of my given addresses.Chuck B.

>I have the captain sim Hercules for FS9 (Just flight boxed>version) and i can start the plane in the virtual cockpit, and>without using ctrl+E :-hmmm well, that begs the question - can you start it using the 2D panels??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

>>I have the captain sim Hercules for FS9 (Just flight boxed>>version) and i can start the plane in the virtual cockpit,>and>>without using ctrl+E :-hmmm >>>well, that begs the question - can you start it using the 2D>panels??I have the C-130 and I can start the engines fine in 2D. Maybe the proper procedure was not followed? There's a very nice tutorial available here in the library.Victor

yep, that is the tutorial that I mentioned in my original post.however, that only deals with use of external power. I have followed that to the best of my ablility for non-external power starting, but when I get to where I press the start button - nothing happens.are you able to start without the use of external power?if so I would love to start a dialog with you on exactly what steps you take to acheive this

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi Mike,Sorry for the late reply, not had much time to run my FS9 of late :-( So just to make sure I just fired her up with the 'internal' start using the GTC / ATM air supply with no problem, I'm not very good at instruction so bear with me and I will run thru what I did, I'm sure you have gotten thru most of the start sequence anyways and this isnot the 'totally correct way' as I am out of practice with regard to the manual etc ,just hope it makes sense..!Battery switch on.Gas Turbine Compressor panel. >>switch GTC start, when on speed 'green', ATM motor switch on, open bleed air valve,Generator panel.>>ATM gen 'on'Electrical panel.>>'Eng Gen' to ATMFuel panel.>>switch on boost pumps 1,2,3,4Engine bleed valve panel.>>open bleed valves 1,2,3,4'pull' one of the starter buttons and hold open with mouse, takes a while to 'turn over' and you should have light up. regards,Steve (UK)

>You think PMDG is going to have a sale for 9.99 Euros on all>their models? To be fair I can go up to 25 euros on their fs9>747.>;) :-smile12Because at PMDG your not just paying for a model.