Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Which Carenado to start with?

I wouldn't mind getting another little prop for my fleet. I fly exclusively in the VC using triple LCDs. I have been going through Carenado but cannot decide which to buy. They all look fantastic and very good value. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!JS

I own quite few of the Carenado birds. My fav is the 182Q. But my favortie G/A plane is the Dreamfleet Beech A36.Keep an eye out, as Carenado usually have a sale around Xmas.

I agree with the 182Q. It took me a while to buy it as I have all the other Carenado models...and I said 'yea, another Cessna'....well, it has turned out to be my favorite Carenado aircraft, 206 second, Piper 180 third, and a very soft spot for the Mentor.

Guest almkennedy

>I agree with the 182Q. It took me a while to buy it as I have>all the other Carenado models...and I said 'yea, another>Cessna'....well, it has turned out to be my favorite Carenado>aircraft, 206 second, Piper 180 third, and a very soft spot>for the Mentor.I love the Carenado planes, so much so in fact that I've removed every other add-on I have, as well as the default planes and only fly Carenado! The Skylane is probably my favourite, followed by the Cherokee 180F and the new Mooney. After that just get the other Cessna's - they're all good!Having said all that, I'm not too keen on the Beechcraft models (quality of the VC in the Bonanza is not as good as the Cessnas) and there's too little variation in the two other Piper models to make me want to get them - just get the Cherokee and you're away!/Andy

Oooops....how could I have forgotten about the Mooney? Another fine aircraft by Carenado.

Thanks all. I am inclining toward either the Piper 180 or the Cessna 206 as a first a/c from Carenado--and point about Xmas sale well taken, thanks!Are the VCs in these two aircraft as fabulous as some reviewers say they are?JS

Fabulous? Don't know, that is very subjective....but they are very good, and some of the best in the biz.

Well, I guess I meant two things: (a) clear and legible, and (:( reasonably fluid to permit one to actually fly in a stable and sane manner. My Flight1 Cessna VC gauges are gloriously smooth and clear; the PMDG 747-400 is reasonably smooth and very clear; the PMDG 737NG VC is clear but herky-jerky. Etc. So I was looking for some comparative basis for the Carenado series.JS

Guest tmond

I hope you fella's don't mind me barging in but I love the cessna's too. I bought the Carenado Cessna Centurian II 200M. 300 Hp. Nice plane for $17.90 dollars. I plan on buying more. I have one question..........can fs9 run with the default aircraft removed?:-)

I agree the Beech A36 is a great little plane. I also recommend the Carenado Cessna Skylane 182 RGII and just picked up the Piper Dakota at PC Aviator for less than $10 shipped. Carenado even gives you a patch to convert over to FSX if you ever think about trying FSXCarl

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Guest almkennedy

>I hope you fella's don't mind me barging in but I love the>cessna's too. I bought the Carenado Cessna Centurian II 200M.>300 Hp. Nice plane for $17.90 dollars. I plan on buying more.>I have one question..........can fs9 run with the default>aircraft removed?:-) Seems to run grand here! I keep the C182 in there so that I start all FS9 sessions at KSEA, as recommended by just about every add-on manufacturer I've bought from.

>>Well, I guess I meant two things: (a) clear and legible, and>(:( reasonably fluid to permit one to actually fly in a stable>and sane manner. My Flight1 Cessna VC gauges are gloriously>smooth and clear; the PMDG 747-400 is reasonably smooth and>very clear; the PMDG 737NG VC is clear but herky-jerky. Etc. >So I was looking for some comparative basis for the Carenado>series.>>JSGotcha, you will be in good hands with the Carenado products then. ReaAir is still the best in this area though, but the Twin Comanche by Eaglesoft (within my sig) is also simply excellent.

I've got the 206 and the 182RG, both are fun planes. The 206 allows you to add floats and the cargo pod underneath which is neat to look at. You can also do some panel editing on the 206 and add the RXP GNS 430 in the NAV/COMM 1 position if you have the RXP GPS. I'd go with the 206 if it was me.Any of their products are a nice addition to your fleet.If you are serious about simming with a small plane, the Dreamfleet Archer III, Bonanza, and Baron are the way to go. I can fly those exclusivly from the VC.Dale Baker

The Carenado 206 sure looks great and very varied. It seems to be highly acclaimed everywhere. Dreamfleet GA looks stunning too but it's very complex and sophisticated with all that (amazing) Reality XP stuff. Not sure I want to go there. I want a break from my big-jet FMCs, MCPs, SIDs and STARs, etc.!JS