Sign in to follow this  
Guest fabrytnix

PMDG prices

Guest fabrytnix

On my browser I can see only prices in EuroFor instance the 747-400 cost 54.99 euro.Someone can tell me the price in dollars pls?Tnx in advance

Then again it may be the only airplane you need to buy! :) I have invested many hundred euros in airplanes that I have used just a few times. PMDG 747 may cost more than most but for me the ROI is by far the greatest if I divide cost with hours used! LevelD together with PMDG 737 is also high up there on the ROI scale.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Even though I agree with it being a pricey aircraft, If I apply Krister's Logic it doeas work out as a great value, the 747 and 767 from the above mentioned companies are the aircraft I come back to time and again. I could have saved a bunch if I didnt buy the aircraft that I dont fly.

Krister's LogicWhat's that?JimCYWG

$80.00? please... Of course if you spend that kind of money on one single addon, you have to justify your purchase. What ever happened to the days of Mike Marando and company. It was fun back then.

To quote Krister:"PMDG 747 may cost more than most but for me the ROI is by far the greatest if I divide cost with hours used!"That's the logic.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest fabrytnix

>How about $80.36! :-eek Is this the price indicated on PMDG shop web page?Or may be you have calculeted the actual dollar exchange?

There's always the iFly 747-400, an that's free. I have it, and it is pretty good. I don' the the PMDG version, so I can't compare. Can anyone else?RH

Guest fabrytnix

>The PDMG site only displays Euros, go to a site such as>http://www.xe.com/ucc and convert any Euro price you find.Mhhh... ok: next question is:Were PMDG is registered? USA? Europe?I've looked for these informations but I've not found anything.Why an american (I suppese is registered in USA) firm show "only" prices in Euro?And: why is difficult to know where are registered almost all add-on (for FS) producers?

Guest Eek

>Why an american (I suppese is registered in USA) firm show>"only" prices in Euro?Here it comes....:-bang EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Fabrizio:PMDG is a US based company based in Virginia. To make a long story short, they have chosen to do business in Euro because the US dollar is so weak which has cut into their profits. It is a perfect valid tactic as long as one's clients are willing to pay in a foreign currency (I am not, unless the company is based outside the US and has no stores or commerce servers in the USA), but it is perfectly legal.As an aside: Interestingly enough, a major reason that the US dollar is so weak is becasuse of the deficit spending by the US Government on the war in Iraq and Afganistan ala the so-called "War on Terror", being waged to keep America 'safe' from terrorists. NOT, of course, to imply that PMDG's Euro only policy is unpatriotic. I would argue that even Ms. Fonda sitting on a North Vietnamese cannon during the Vietnam War is protected by the rights that we as American's enjoy and the troops in Iraq and Afganistan are fighting for.Mkay, so, either you purchase the product or don't, the point has been argued ad nauseum and PMDG has made their POV clear.Regards,Mike T.

Do a little searching in the forums and you can find that this subject has been beaten nearly to death. As it happens, PMDG is a US company, but any company is free to post prices in any currency they chose regardless of their country of origin.DJ