Sign in to follow this  
Guest hffin

FS2004 weird behaviour

Guest hffin

Hi all,First i want to say that Avsim really is a great community.Now my problem, since a few days FS2004 has been behaving very weird.I can't load my Level D 767 or PMDG planes anymore ( if i try, then FS2004 crashes upon loading), and on default planes the textures of the plane don't load (the planes look gray, also virtual cockpit).In FSX it is the same problem, the planes are all gray and the fps has gone down quite a bit.Anyone can help me with this (pretty pretty please :)?)

Guest hffin

Hi,Unfortunately that didn't solve the problem :(.I uninstalled the driver, rebooted, installed fresh drivers but still the same problem.Hopefully you got any further suggestions for me.Thanks,hffinEDIT: I checked again, and on some planes a part of the textures loads (like only the engines show up, but the rest remains gray), but on most planes nothing loads.

Guest hffin

FS2004 has always worked perfect.Specs:Pentium 4 3,06 Ghz processor1GB ram150GB hard disk (about 22 GB free, i defrag every morning)Ati Radeon X1550 512MBNo spyware/viruses (scanning every morning)

Guest franksalot

Hi hffin,Not that's it's any help to you, but my PC is behaving exactly the same! This morning I tried to run fs9 but the max framerate was 1 (one), it normally runs around 23 fps.To make matter even worse, Windows XP is also taking longer to run programs.Ken

Guest hffin

You gotta be kidding me. I got the same problem also with the win xp programs. They load slow and i sometimes also had the FPS being around 1-2. Weird........

Guest franksalot

I kid you not :) wish I was! If it was just fs9 I would do a re-install, but with Windows XP giving me hassle as well I think it's more serious.If I find a solution I'll get back to you pronto.Ken

Guest hffin

Funny that you ask, i always update asap... and after the previous update FS2004 has acted strangely... could that be the problem?????Man this is complicated!Only thing i wish is that the problem gets solved as i really must fly (for my virtual airline especially).Thanks,hffin

Guest franksalot

:) I feel like a 'twin'! Yes, I have Windows Auto Update turned on. But yesterday, just before my problems started - there was a yellow shield in my 'sys tray' - which when clicked it informed me there were 6 urgent updates waiting to be installed? Of course, I always defer to innate objects, and duly installed them! I don't know what they were; but it didn't say "install these, and you're in dead trouble, matey" :)It's worth seeing what they are though.Thank's for the tip.Ken

Guest hffin

My pleasure, now we just need to get this solved.At least people here at avsim are active enough to help each other.

I don't know if this might be your problem, but after I manually ran Windows Update last month (every second Tuesday of every month), whenever I went to any web page with a Flash element on it, it would crash IE7 to the desktop. Since you can't update Adobe Flash manually, I went to Adobe and installed the newest revision. It solved the problem with IE 7, at least.Adobe updated Flash on 12/3/07 and the last Windows Update was on 12/11/07. I don't know what the connection might be and I won't know if FS9 has a problem yet on my system since I'm in the process of rebuilding it on a new hard drive. I'll see if all goes well.Kim

Guest hffin

TOO BAD! My IE doesn't crash. :(((((What could be causing this strange problemmmmmmmmmmmmm?????I wanna fly!hffin

Guest MattNW

Windows always sets a system restore point before installing any updates. Have you tried restoring to before the update? Might be worth a try. Worst that could happen is you will have to reinstall the update again.