Sign in to follow this  
Guest hffin

FS2004 weird behaviour

Guest franksalot

I'm still struggling also. I didn't find anything untoward when I checked Auto Updates, most of the time they don't mean anything to me anyway. At the moment I'm running an Anti virus scan to see if it can pick up anything; it's been running for over 12 hours, nothing found, having checked 8000 files so far!Not sure when I'll give up and re-format, I'm putting that off for as long as possible!! One bonus, my wife is keeping her head down :)Keep smilingKen

Guest franksalot

Things have got much worse! I thought I'd 'fire up' fs9 to see if anything had changed...it hadPop up window saying 'Bad licence for B767-300 FS2004 will now quit' then 'WideServer.dll FS detected potentially incompatible aircraft or software WideServer.dll' then finished with the usual MSFS has encountered a problem and needs to quit'.Time for a clear head.Ken

Guest franksalot

Hi hffin,Better news tonight. I ran the Free AVG Anti virus scanner (as I mentioned before) again, it did indeed 'turn up' a virus Obfustat.ACPQ by name - at the end of it's scan AVG deleted the virus without my input. So then I uninstalled my Level-D B767 then replaced the WideServer.dll. I didn't bother with the PMDG problem (no idea what to do :)) - then 'fired up' fs9 and, 'by jove' it installed as if nothing had been wrong!! Don't you just love Bill Gates....? All that hastle!!Windows XP - that problem was related to fs9, or rather an addon my VA uses as a Flight Monitor - this FM has a feature where you can, if you have the right type of printer, print out messages from the Flight Monitor...my printer, so I now know, is not the right type; but the FM arranged to place a printer icon in what I call the 'sys tray'! The printer did not work, I didn't bother about the printer icon...!? In a fit of temper this evening I removed the printer icon - low and behold Win XP is working properly.You might like to check out this website, it has some interesting info re our problems.http://atr.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts....=3921&PID=20827I hope you get your FS installation sorted. Let me know if you think I can help you further.Best regards,KenP.S. the link works, I tried it :)

Guest hffin

No such virus found :(AAAAAAHHH man i want to fly again.....What could be causing this?I am killing myself as i want to flyyy :(I can't be the only one that has had this problem!A little update:It seems that the first planes i try to load actually work (their livery loads totally) but then when i select some other planes they don't load anymore (they stay grey). So the first few planes i load work, but after that no plane works anymore.WEIRD!*Help methanks,hffin