Sign in to follow this  

Would you reinstall MSFS 2002 if....

I recently upgraded my video card from a Geforce4 Ti4200 64MB DDR card to an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with 128MB DDR ram.I was wondering if I should reinstall MSFS 2002, or leave it as is? Does it matter that I just installed this new card and didnt reinstall the program other then drivers for it, etc?Just trying to figure in about getting the best performance and bang for the buck from my hardware for FS 2002.Thanks for your recommendations.

I don't see any reason to reinstall. Just tweak the video settings from within the prog.

I figure that would be fine. The reason I ask is because it seemed one day one of the runways on of an airfield I use more often then not looked, just, weird.. and, about 3/4 of the screen starting from the top to the bottom looked a little blurry as far as the textures but the last 1/4 of the screen everything looked normal. I have since *I THINK* tweaked some settings to get it to stop that. Also, the menu screens seem *NARROW*, atleast from what I remember from before the upgrade.I wanted to ask the community to see if anyone else recommended this action.

Guest Bigshot

You might want to rename the main FS2002 cfg file and let the program build a new one.

>You might want to rename the main FS2002 cfg file and let >the program build a new one. Yes, do this if you get slow performance. Also make sure you completely uninstall any remnants of the geforce drivers from your system if you haven't already. I did a similar upgrade myself recently and I had no problems. Just better performance!

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Hello, glsimpilotJust to be on the safe side, I guess that it cannot do any harm to re-install FS2002. Just make sure that you back up any default gauges, modules, etc., that were updated/used by add-ons.Anyway, if FS2002 is anything like Links (files-wise), you might have to re-install the zone software as well. I had to re-install Links2001, but found that MS ZOne could not "recognize" the software installed on my hd., so I had to un-install/re-install it as well. If you look in the DirectX diagnostic tool (Start > Dxdiag), you'll notice whether or not FS2002 is listed under the Network (tab): Registered Lobbyable DirectPlay Applications category.Good luck to ya'!Stanley