Sign in to follow this  
Guest scoeva

d3d9.dll errors

Guest scoeva

Hello,I am experiencing random crashes due to a d3d9.dll error. For example, I had just completed a flight and was taxiing to the gate when FS9 crashed to desktop. The error was d3d9.dll. Also sometimes FS9 won't even start up and again the error is d3d9.dll. I'll re-start my computer and will start FS9 and no problems. I was having this issue before and re-installed DirectX 9.0c and the problem went away but now it seems to have come back to haunt me. As I said this is a random occurrance and I never know when it will happen. Any ideas or suggestions?Thanks in advance.Scott

I had that very error with another game, not FS, and had to reinstall their copy of DX9.0c (that came on their disk) to get it to work. My system actually had some missing dx files. It worked fine after that.Have you checked to make sure your anti-virus program isn't removing some needed dx file? Try a reinstall of DX9.0c again.Kim

Scott, Run Memcheck. I was getting the same random errors and it turned out I had a bad stick of memory.

NAX669.png

Guest scoeva

Hi MikeSorry if this sounds like a dumb question but how do you run a memcheck? I typed memcheck in 'run' and I got an error message.Scott

Guest scoeva

Hi Kim I re-installed the Direct X 9.0c that came with my video card and I'm still getting the random errors. You mentioned the anti-virus possibly removing certain DX files and I'm 99.9% sure that's not it, but could a Registry Fix program be doing the same thing?Scott