Sign in to follow this  
Calypso50

Panel gauge ERROR question

Hi all,I've just recently encountered an ERROR problem with some gauges, making it not possible to load a number of aircraft, and wonder if someone could offer a suggestion...I've had most of these planes quite a while and there were no problems until a few days ago when I downloaded a few aircraft-- a POSKY CRJ and-- a couple VISTALINERS repaints..that seems to be when the problems started..The ERROR reads-- "Unable to load some aircraft or software. You may continue using FS but this aircraft or software will be disabled." Then the gauge is listed-- Occasionally if I kept clicking "OK OK OK OK " or "X"X"X"X" it seemed to force FS to load the aircraft and everything is fine.. but recently that no longer works and I must ctrl/alt/dlt FS and load FS from scratch. I've spent several hours going through many aircraft, experimenting etc.taking many notes...and I think I have it narrowed down to the FFX/SGA/Vista Liners- 737s, 727,s and one of the DC-10's. I have a bunch of 727's and 737's --probably 30 in all w/paints.. and just a few DC-10s.1----For the 737s I have 2 panels that I've used-- the Richard Probst on some, and one called "FAB-something" - i forget.. on others. I'm sure you know whose it is :>)It's the Probst panel that causes the problem here. And the gauge in question is-- 'aircraft/"name of aircraft 737-xxx"/Panel/b732.gau'. If I take that out of the panel folder the aircraft loads but of course there are no gauges. Wherever this gauge is in the panel, that plane will not load.2-- On all the 727-200 aircraft the panel is "alias=Panels/727-200" which is in Aircraft/Panels/727-200. The panel is by Steve Southey. The gauge that so far causes the problem is " RP727.gau." I took this gauge out of--somewhere, I guess the gauges folder, maybe FSFSCONV-- and now all the 727's seem to load fine. I also got an ERROR for "RP727_2" so I removed that from FSFSCONV.Are you still with me? :>) We're nearing the end...3-- I have 5 DC-10s.. 4 are fine and all use the same panel- ALIAS-Panel/DC-10 which is in Aircraft/Sga/panels/DC-10.The 5th gets the ERROR message for the gauge--"Gauges/DC10_ACC.gau".So far I can;t even find that aircraft in the AIRCRAFT folder. Yikes-too many planes. :>))I also removed, sometime yesterday-- "Rp733.gau" and dfd_gpws.gau"That's about the best I can describe the situation..Thanks you to anyone who takes the time to help out. There's a blizzard hitting tonight/tomorrow so I have plenty of time to work this out. :>)Cheers,.

The most likely problem is, that you use an older version of FSsound.dll in the Modules folder, of which FS9 thinks that it's not compatible with.This module is used by numerous gauges to play sounds; since you have this problem shortly, you probably installed in an addon of which a "stupid" self-installer replaced your good version of FSsound.dll by an old one.If it's FSsound, you can solve it two ways:1. Disable the warning in the FS9.cfg file in an Old_modules section.2. (the best way): install the latest version of FSsound.dll for FS9.You can find that in my upload rcbpf-30.zipCheers, Rob

Hi Rob, That did it. Thank you..In fact there was NO FSsound.dll in the Modules folder at all-just a 'read me". I don't kno where it went. How in the world did all my other aircraft work? Beyond me.On another matter- I downloaded your rcbpf-30.zip for the Fokkers a little while ago but was not 100% sure about installing, even after reading your clear instructions. So I chickened out.Just to be sure-- After downloading the zip file, I should just extract THAT entire file to the FS9 folder and everything will go to it's proper place? -using folder names, overwrite, etc..(I do know how to make the Aircraft cfg changes)Thanks again for checking in here and your generous help.

>Hi Rob,> That did it. Thank you..In fact there was NO FSsound.dll in>the Modules folder at all-just a 'read me". I don't kno where>it went. How in the world did all my other aircraft work?>Beyond me.>>On another matter- I downloaded your rcbpf-30.zip for the>Fokkers a little while ago but was not 100% sure about>installing, even after reading your clear instructions. So I>chickened out.>Just to be sure-- After downloading the zip file, I should>just extract THAT entire file to the FS9 folder and everything>will go to it's proper place? -using folder names, overwrite,>etc..>(I do know how to make the Aircraft cfg changes)>>Thanks again for checking in here and your generous help.>Yes, you do.As simple as that.- No tricks- No "stupid" Installer program that simply overwite existing (even: newer) files.- Or even worse: an even "dumber" Uninstaller program that would remove common files, so other addons don't work anymore.- You have everything under your own control, by just following the README (like you did :-) )But I'm almost starting a debate here on why NOT to use self-installers (unless the designer of it knows exactly what's he's doing).But that's an old discussion ....Cheers, Rob

Hey Rob,Well, you just saved my butt again. I downloaded a Brittian Islander. tried to install according to the instructions which included one of your dreaded 'self-installers.' And sure enough, the same problem happened again.So i searched the threads here for this one, got your file and put the FSsound.dll in the modules folder and voila..back in business (so far).So, thanks again