Sign in to follow this  
Chase

Benchmark.zip

The subject file (benchmark.zip) downloaded from your site is not a file at all. It directs you to a website which my computer warns is not trusted. This is the first time that I have been led outside your site and I don't think it should be allowed. Too many #### viruses/worms out there.Jim

>The subject file (benchmark.zip) downloaded from your site is>not a file at all. It directs you to a website which my>computer warns is not trusted. This is the first time that I>have been led outside your site and I don't think it should be>allowed. Too many #### viruses/worms out there.What leads you outside our site, the file itself or the download button in the library for this file? I just downloaded it, and the download button doesn't do that. So, please give more information.

You get four files in the zip file. One jpg (pic of the gauge), the standard avsim.diz file, a readme.txt and a "help file" Benchmark.chm. which when opened reads:Welcome Congradulations on selecting a quality instrument by Benchmark Avionics Corporation, a leader in avionics for simulation. See Obtaining the Benchmark Gauge in the Getting Started section to learn where to download the gauge.We hope you enjoy the quality of this Benchmark instrument, which we distribute as a sample of our work, and that it brings you many hours of reliable operation in flight.We have worked many hours to bring this gauge to life, and we hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment.Be sure to check the Benchmark Forums for the latest news, updates, and other quality offerings from BAC. Should you need a guage programmed for your aircraft, or a complete avionics package for a parts task trainor, please contact us for a quote.Patrick WaughPresident & Chief Operations OfficerBenchmark Avionics CorporationCLICKING ON "Obtaining the Benchmark Gauge" GIVES YOU ANOTHER HTML SCREEN AS FOLLOWS:Downloading To download a free copy of the Benchmark Avionics Attitude Heading Reference System and it's power switch, visit: http://benchmark.jconserv.netand register on the Benchmark Forums. After you register (required), you will be able to access the download in the Download Forum under Benchmark Gauges.You may not redistribute the gauge, or upload it to any other site without the express written permission of Benchmark Avionics.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Copyright

Well, at the very least probably mention it in the description for the file, which seems to indicate that the zip file contains the gauge.

This situation is now under wraps. I contacted the author and the file has been removed. AVSIM is not going to pay for someone's advertising when we are offering free services.