Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Concorde Flightpath

It was an interesting post. Just got a bee in my bonnet ! is all. I would not go to the trouble of re-writing it Andy. Just be sure to make ref to words from other texts. Let this be the end eh ? Goind to have a beer and chill !

Hi folks,Sorry, I start up a big discussion on this posts.I only has copyed the conc_check.txt file what's included a downloaded freeware concorde aircraft. There was no name of the author included the file. I only wanted to help Andyky, but I've misunderstood his question. It seems he's still waiting on his answer. Can someone else help him?Regards,Cees

Guest AndrewW

No Problem at all Cees! It was quite obvious that this had come from a readme file - I thought I had seen it before somewhere. I have contacted Andyky privately.Regards,Andrew

O.k., you guys... just stop it -- and I mean right now, or else you all will be sent to your rooms... and no pudding for dessert! :~P :-lol

Andy,I know I've come in a bit late into this discussion but despite all the info and advice you're received I'm not sure you have the answer to the question you put. So, here's the flight-plan I have for a EGLL-KJFK run in BA001 - the Mon-Fri 10.30 departure from London Heathrow to New York...Concorde parks at stand V14 at EGLL Terminal 4 and pushes back at 10.30am local time. Normal deprture is from Rwy 27L on a Compton 2G departure. Fly runway heading and intercept and fly LON 260R. At LON 7d turn right direct Woodley (WOD,352.0) then Compton (CPT, 114.35).From CPT it's KENET, MIMBI, MALBY, N5124W00350 (Accel point), MERLY, N51W08, N50W15, N50W20, N50W30, N48W40, N47W50, N4610W53, N4414W60, N4246W65, N42W67, N41W69 (Decel point), MONEY, GRIMM, KJFK.The final vectoring by JFK ATC is bound to differ from the scheduled route but landings are normally on 31R as the BA terminal is just off to the left at the far end of the runway.With the info Andrew and the others have given you I hope this gives you enough to successfully complete a flight. Please let us know how you get on.Regards,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest AndrewW

Hello Ray, Nice to hear from you! The aircraft is not departing 27L at this time, or 09R due to Heathrow having some maintenance work done on the Southern runway. Due to the aircraft's high-speed departure, running over the ramp towards the end of 27L will damage the nose gear and fuselage. Due to this - either 27R or 09L is used. (www.concordesst.com has some further details). The preferred runways to fly into at JFK are 31R/13L and 04R. Kennedy prefer the 13 approach as it takes aircraft around Jamaica Bay, which produces less noise pollution over the populated areas. For landing on 22L, you can fly the SM1 into NY, which takes the aircraft North of Long Island and will give you a straight in app for the 22's. The decision to fly the SM1 has to be made before crossing 42N67W; otherwise you would follow the standard route, which has a Decel around 100nm to LINND and following the SM2 Camrn3 into Kennedy. Landing at LHR at the moment is restricted to 27L/R and 09L. This will just follow the standard RNA into LHR. Hope this helps, Andrew

Hi Andy,And nice to hear from you! :-) I didn't know about the work on 27L - are you one of the workforce by any chance? :-hahI'm surprised that JFK ATC prefer the 13 approach as the one for 31R comes in from the ocean with only minimal flying over land. Having flown into 31L myself a few years ago I noticed a plush golf course and some very nice properties so perhaps they have used the same influence as the residents of Knutsford, Cheshire who have persuaded Manchester airport to route aircraft around the town on the very wavy LISTO SID.Time to get my charts out again and examine the alternative routes you have mentioned. It's ben a litle while since I last flew Concorde simply because I have an Aerosoft MCP747 which controls the PIC767 autopilot as well as the default FS2002 stuff but doesn't extend far enough to control speed and altitude limits of Concorde.Nice website BTW. You appear to be the Concorde guru!Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

To all that gave me much appreciated assistance,I have since flown from Heathrow to JFK in 3hours 20minutes ,Landing on runway 4r without any problems thanks to an excellent fsnav flightplan emailed to me by andrewW which was similar to the one Ray posted.Thanks again to all who took time to answer this question even if it did seem to stir up some bad feeling.If anyone else has any concorde info along the samelines please feel free to email it to me atandyky134@aol.comcheers andrew young

Hi Andrew,Nice to hear you had an enjoyable flight. All's well that ends well.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather