Sign in to follow this  
kdfw__

Xmas for FS9 Users--New Piper Dakota

Hi,I'm not that much of a GA person (only have SF260, next big plane is the Aeroworx B200, rest are FMC-driven heavy metals), but I was itching for change in pace so just DL the new F1/Dreamfleet Piper Dakota.Wow, nice plane to fly around! Instrumentation is smooth and excellent. Model, sound, documentation is first-rate. Night flying is a pleasure. I read that the turbo charged version will also become available for free so looking forward to that!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182040.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182038.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182039.jpgReminder: Must setup flight to St. Barts (TFFJ) to enjoy FlyTampa's TNCM scenery.One cosmetic issue, though, can't see the strobe from the VC view unless at night and landing light is on, or looking at the strobe without the window tint (shift eyepoint or open door). Small detail I'm sure they can fix.Thanks,Pat AMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Looks nice. I'm torn on this one. I have the Archer III and Beech Bonanza, which are both excellent, although I favor the Beech because of the faster speed, slightly higher ceiling, and avionics. I have a hard time getting excited about low and slow planes in FS. I love the Beech, but I do wish it could go higher and faster, so I turn to the twins for that, mainly the Cheyenne from DA. The only thing the Beech is really missing is a TCAS IMO.This Dakota, albeit a great plane I'm sure, doesn't have a TCAS, Strikefinder, although a RXP Sandel 3400 could be put in, hint hint, and so I'm torn. I'm debating whether to just get the B58 Twin since I don't have it, even though I really love my Cheyenne the best.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

The XP version of the DF B58 is top notch. You wont regret it. I compare the DA Piper to the Aeroworks B200, much more complex. The B58 is not.

Yeah, I don't think the DA Cheyenne is complex at all, and neither is the B200, but I fly the ATR and PMDG/Level-D type of planes, so I'm used to complex. It is nice sometimes to avoid the complexity and pick a simple plane though, like the Beech A36, and that's been my favorite for a while now for this reason. I never really mess with the B200 and it's mostly due to the GPS, although I have a problem with it sounding a tone after a while in flight on this new computer and it's such a minor issue among users, no one at Aeroworx knows what it is.I have to say, my proclivity for Dreamfleet is the RXP GPS and similar gauges, excellent panels and other details, and most of all, the flight dynamics. Like the DA Cheyenne, you can bank without dipping all over the place in altitude and that's important. The B58 might just be a good choice for me over the new Dakota, even though I was waiting for the Dakota to come out. The reason I don't like lower flying planes is because a lot of place I like to fly have high mountain ranges and it's not always easy to avoid them.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Now that I look at it, the Dakota ceiling isn't half bad. I wonder how much faster the Turbo (TC) version is?Hmm, I might get both! LOLETA: Okay, just DL'ed the Beech B58 and will probably get the Dakota once the Turbo comes out. ;)

- Chris

Hi,Agree, slow and low isn't for everyday. I also have the ATR72-500 and it bridges the GA and the big jets. It's nice to have some variety in FS.I think with the Dakota, I have a good range of a/c to satisfy almost every flying needs/types:GA: DF-Dakota, RA-SF260, DA-Do27TP: AW-B200, F1-ATR72MIL: C9-F4HELI: AS-SH60, ND-EC120MED: F1-MD80HEAVY:PMDG-744, PSS777, LVD-763, RFP742I may consider the Beech A36 or the F1-PC12, both interesting planes.Later,PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

>Hi,>>Agree, slow and low isn't for everyday. I also have the>ATR72-500 and it bridges the GA and the big jets. It's nice>to have some variety in FS.>>I think with the Dakota, I have a good range of a/c to satisfy>almost every flying needs/types:>>GA: DF-Dakota, RA-SF260, DA-Do27>TP: AW-B200, F1-ATR72>MIL: C9-F4>HELI: AS-SH60, ND-EC120>MED: F1-MD80>HEAVY:PMDG-744, PSS777, LVD-763, RFP742>>I may consider the Beech A36 or the F1-PC12, both interesting>planes.Out of everything I bought for FS9, I only reinstalled a few planes. I had the F1 PC12 and didn't like it very much at all. Same with the Conquest from F1. The flight dynamics weren't right IMO. Both would continue to climb without flaps and no throttle for what seemed like forever and they fought you on landing. Realistic or not, I just didn't like them. The RealAir Scout package was amazing but just too low and slow, so I kept it off as well. I did put the Do-27 on because it really kept my interest when I first bought it and it has some nice features, but it is also very slow and a little odd at times. Here's where I'm at on this new build:GA: DF Archer III, DF Beech A36, DA Do-27TP: DA Piper Cheyenne, Aeroworx B200 (might remove it), F1 ATR 72-500JET: PMDG 737NG, and will install Leonardo Maddog 2006Heavy: PMDG 744 pax and cargo, Level-D 767That's it! I don't play with Helicopters or Mil planes. There is one Mil jet I saw previews of a while back I might get, but it really depends on the comments. So, I just bought the Beech B58 and will add that to the list too!

- Chris

Guest Flane

The DFB58 combined with the RXP gauges has to be my favorite GA plane to date. I love that sucker.

Personally I am having some major problems getting the engine to start up. The ignition key wont move to the right and when using ctrl + e to start the engine I get this : http://www.alcom.aland.fi/kitte/msfs/Film.WMVQuite funny effect :) but I'd rather be up and flying than doing this. I did get the engines up and running a couple of times and the gauges sure are sweet.Dreamfleet 2000 forum next!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Personally I am having some major problems getting the engine>to start up.I don't have the Dakota yet, but if it is like the other DF aircraft, you have to open the configuration screen and set the plane up for takeoff. Remove the tiedowns, make sure a pilot is in the cockpit, etc. If you have anything wrong at setup, the engines will never start. As always, read the fine manual :)I'm actually torn on getting this. I always enjoy Dreamfleet aircraft, but is this one significantly different than the Beech aircraft and Archer other than the aircraft specs? In fs9 is there anything new about the avionics, or is it the same as before?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Dreamfleet is, IMO, one of the very few top notch developers. And it's definitely the best when it comes to GA. My only "complaint" is that I wish they had developed the Arrow before the dakota because now I have to wait that much longer for it. :) Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Guest JeanLuc_

Actually thank you for the video! In a positive way, I see this as one of a good example to showcase how deep simulation can go with this product!Amazingly, during development and beta testing, I was so used to the standard procedure (pilot, ties in the CC panel) that I've never experienced this and never saw it was this cool!

What I meant was the DA Piper and AW B200 model things like proper engine managment where as the DF Baron you just get in it and fly.

Guest DreamFleet

Thanks for that! :)Well, my plane (the Dakota) had to be next after the Archer III, I couldn't live with myself otherwise. However once the turbo Dakota is out, we attach RG to that and it is a turbo Arrow III. Then we put a T-tail on it and it becomes a turbo Arrow IV. Basically the same way Piper did it years ago all from the same PA28 airframe. ;)Regards,http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...R_FORUM_LOU.jpg

Yeah! :D I had the aircraft untied to the ground but managed to understand the pilot thing a bit wrong! Got it up and running now and just did a very nice flight KSEA - KPDX!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------