Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Lee Hetherington Tcas gauge..How to add a clickable icon

Hello AllI would like to add Lee Hetheringtons TCAS gauge to some of my aircraft.I have become quite adept at adding third party gauges,but in this case there is no option for a clickable icon ie to display the gauge you have to press SHIFT+key and i would prefer the option of clicking on a cockpit icon. Could somebody tell me how its done please.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hi Andy, I use the AI Radar TCAS by Glenn Copeland found here in the library and that offers the panel icon you desire. I like Glenn's guage very much - thanks!. If you don't want to use it, the instructions on installing the icon might help you to use it with Lee's guage or make so some mod's to get things to work. Here's a link to AI Radar: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...4gau&DLID=88074Hope it helps and happy holidays.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Here Andy, I modified one of the default simicons. Whichever window you have your TCAS installed on needs to become "ident=11547" (just a random number I chose for the icon to toggle), so change that in your panel.cfg accordingly and then place the icon on your main panel or wherever you want it like this:gaugeXX=tcas_icon!tcas_icon, XXX, XXX, 19, 19Drop the .cab file into your panel folder or the main Gauges folder and you should be good to go.tcas_icon.zip][/bJim

Thanks very much Kendall and Jim.I also currently use the Glenn Copeland TCAS,but i believe that the Lee Hetherington Gauge is one of the most accurate representations of a TCAS, so with time on my hands i decided i would have a bash at installing it,but unfortunately there was no Icon option.I did have a fiddle about trying to use the G.Cs A.I. radar icon but much fiddling produced no joy so i will see if i can get it up and running(with Jim's help of course).Thanks again guyscheers Andy

JimHello againEverything is installed and working correctly now(including your icon)so thanks again.Just one other thing i would like to ask.Is it possible to increase the size the gauge when opened? I know you can resize it with the arrow keys but my attempts to increase the size by editing the panel CFG entries only result in the black background being resized but not the gauges themselves.I am probably being a bit nit picky here,but its ageing eyes you know:-) cheers Andy

>Jim>Hello again>Everything is installed and working correctly now(including>your icon)so thanks again.>Just one other thing i would like to ask.Is it possible to>increase the size the gauge when opened? I know you can resize>it with the arrow keys but my attempts to increase the size by>editing the panel CFG entries only result in the black>background being resized but not the gauges themselves.>I am probably being a bit nit picky here,but its ageing eyes>you know:-) >cheers AndyForget my last post Jim i have had a duh! momentcheers Andy