Sign in to follow this  
Peter Z KCLE_EDDN

What's a FS9er Simmer to get for Christmas?

Hi there,my wife is letting me go on a shopping spree for Christmas!!! To make her proud of being married to a simming-nerd I will take her up on that offer and, as usual, by tons of FS9 add-ons....don't have to tell me twice.....;-)What's new this year for us "old" FS9 simmers? I already broke down after years and years and just ordered TrackIR4. Can't wait to try it out.I prefer downloads (just because my wife can't return any unnecessary merchandise this way) and would love to see PMDG's MD11 or Digital Aviations Fokker (please no release date fights here ;-)under the Christmas tree or HD tree. What do you guys plan on getting, doesn't matter if it's boxed products, downloads, aircraft, scenery etc. everything is fair game!Hope to find some new things I may not already have, and I almost have everything ;-)Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest iflyc77

I put in a bid for a few things, mainly a new more comfortable and expensive headset. TrackIR was mentioned as well.

Guest evo9mr

So far this week I bought the 1)FS Genesis mesh DVD combo 2) Airliner Pilot from just flight 3) All 5 season Birds Eye Veiw textures. 4) CLS DC10 package.On Xmas day I'll get some other stuff(maybe)...Eaglesoft Citation II, Wilco Citation X, 1 or 2 ImagineSim scenery and maybe the Majestic turboprop.

I'm getting a Hagstrom KE72 board, a sldering iron, a multimeter and lots of LEDs to start on my cockpit build.

Guest ThrottleUp

The gf made me sit down and order the 20" TFT screen of my choice. Said my 15" CRT looked "stone age & silly" and that it was about time I "went flat". Ignored my protests that I didnt want to be tied to a native res or dead pixels!

Pete- in my book, there is nothing that will enhance your sim experience like a 48" wide horizon. Try multiple video cards or TH2GO - either way, multi monitors & a wide perspective is THE #1 add-on! Single monitor simming with only 90

I just got the Ergodex DX-1 panel a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE it. I knew I'd never get the time to build a home panel or cockpit, and this was just the ticket for me. I got it from Dell.com for a VERY reasonable price, much less than the Ergodex website, or the CH Products' version.(I made the background with Photoshop Elements based on a Template I downloaded from the CH website -- neither the ALT or VS indicators do anything.)Smooth skies!Chuckhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182169.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182170.jpg

Guest davidvoogd

For General Aviation simmers there's the Carenado Mooney Bravo and Dreamfleet Piper Dakota.I'm hoping (but not expecting) either the Airsimmer or Airliner XP Airbus's will come out.

Guest JTEK99

Chuck:Whoa.. had never seen nor heard of the Ergodex. And it's definitely a more welcome price than the CH Products variant. Thanks for the heads-up on this! Great background on the panel and I really dig your setup. Think I might try to squeeze something like the Ergodex in for xmas, too, considering that it won't break the bank.On a more important note...Do you prefer munching on Purina or Milk-Bone dog biscuits? I prefer the Milk-Bones meself... less crumbly and go great with a Pumpkin latt

Guest evo9mr

Forget my xmas list, computer just took a dump. Oh well, hello 360.

Guest ThrottleUp

Alex Reid - I really like that setup of your multi-monitors! One day I hope to own a PC with the horsepower needed to do that because I couldnt agree more with what you said about single-monitor tunnel vision!! :)

>Chuck:>>Whoa.. had never seen nor heard of the Ergodex. And it's>definitely a more welcome price than the CH Products variant.The CH Variant is actually based on Ergodex -- but the "added value" of the CH did not outweigh the higher price -- not by a long shot. The Ergodex was the third best hardware upgrades I've ever made -- right behind my first yoke, and multiple screens.>Do you prefer munching on Purina or Milk-Bone dog biscuits? I>prefer the Milk-Bones meself... less crumbly and go great with>a Pumpkin latt

Throttle Up- With your setup, you are almost there already!I'm running the triple mons with my 4 yr old AMD XP2200 1.8 GHZ system. Dual head AGP GeForceFX5200 card and same type single head PCI. And I've only got 1.28GB RAM- although soon to be bumped up to 2GB like yours- I hope!Works just great with triple mons- no plans for a new system. (although swapping out the right, 7 yr old CRT with a new wide LCD would be nice!)Wide Horizon - the only way to fly!!!Merry Christmas Alex Reid

Alex, what kind of frames do you get? On my amd 3400 they can get into the hi single digits or low double digits if I turn the sliders up. This is with two monitors.JimCYWG