Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Captain Sim has done it again!!

Yes folks, once again our favorite commercial developer has burned the midnight oil to give us yet another release JUST before Christmas!!!The FSX C-130 is out! (just the base pack).That makes 3 products they have managed to release BEFORE the 757 remaining blocks that they PROMISED would be next. :-rollThis of course is great news for FSX users (until they actually try to fly it, as I'll bet it's loaded with little bugs they didn't get fixed, but wanted to rush out the door to get those all-important Christmas sales). And the best news is that it's only 39.99 ERUO, which is $57.40 for us in the US. :-boom That applies to everyone, no discounts for loyal CS customers who may have paid for the FS9 version, sorry guys.I can't wait for the replies by all those who feel CS is just such a great company for providing the versions and exteriors they want, while leaving all their other customers with empty promises and a plane they "implied" would be a complete aircraft, oh I don't know, going on 2 years now!I sincerely hope that people do NOT impulse-buy this thing, for 2 reasons:1. The most obvious, supporting a company who blatantly lies and deceives it's customers.2. I can assure you that it is loaded with bugs that will give you nothing but frustration when trying to fly it and more importantly, when you try to report the bugs, they will disrespect you in their forums, guaranteed! (First they'll tell you that you formatted your request wrong, and if you don't do it right, not only will they ignore you, they'll delete your post. The next thing they'll do is tell you they have to have 10 reports of your bug before they'll do squat....what a crock!)Why don't you all wait for a few weeks to see if the lack of revenue will give the message to CS that it's customers are tired of their games and want some honest answers to questions about the 757, the 727 interior, the Space Shuttle avionics, the list goes on. Yeah I know, slim chance of that ever happening, but it is near Christmas, and miracles do happen around this time of year. :-lol Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,Well,..the CS story is just like a bad B or C movie. It just gives ju a kind of sour taste.Once again they just spit their old customers right in the face. And the sad thing is that they just don

Staffan

Steve and Staffan,Okay guys, take a very deep breath. Say after me; breath in... breath out... breath in... breath out...Now, go grab some mistletoe and your girlfriend / wife / significant other and exercise your collaborative breathing techniques. :)

>>And the sad thing is that they just don

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

>Steve and Staffan,>>Okay guys, take a very deep breath. Say after me; breath in...>breath out... breath in... breath out...>>Now, go grab some mistletoe and your girlfriend / wife />significant other and exercise your collaborative breathing>techniques. :)Hehe....its ok Tom, we are resigned to the fact CS will be CS and nothing is going to change that.We just hope that by posting info about CS in the most popular flightsimming forum we may make otherwise unsuspecting customers aware of what they might be getting into before they whip out that credit card and make an impulse-buy on what looks like a fabulous model. :)$57 is not petty cash for a lot of people. Hehe.You have a very Merry Christmas Tom!Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

>Okay guys, take a very deep breath. Say after me; breath in...>breath out... breath in... breath out...Hi Tom,..*breath in....breath out...breath in....breath out*.......It

Staffan

Oh yes....Captain Sim; one of the best graphic companies in the world, when it comes to "exteriors"! Like a "fine" expensive painting!!! :-hah Ya gotto decide just what you want, before whipping out the wallet.I wanted C/S's artistic abilities, and could care less about having a complete 757. I'm very pleased with their C-130 for FS9 & 727 exterior!Captain Sim & Carenado --- tops in the graphics department!L.Adamson

I know now when I see you in here Steve it will always be good entertainment! :) LOL Merry Christmas man! Hope your family has a great holiday season!Hornit

>I can't wait for the replies by all those who feel CS is just>such a great company for providing the versions and exteriors>they want, while leaving all their other customers with>empty promises and a plane they "implied" would be a complete>aircraft, oh I don't know, going on 2 years now!Not everyone has had the same experiences that you have. Your opinion is just that, and everyone should be allowed to make up their own mind. There are plenty of threads, both positive and negative, that should help anyone not familiar with this company.- Martin

>>Not everyone has had the same experiences that you have. >>- MartinVery true Martin,Only the customers who bought the 757 way back when CS was promising that the rest of the plane would be ready "soon" have had the same experience. And of course there are the customers who bought the FSX 727 exterior over a year ago, with the understanding that the rest of the plane would be available "soon".And let's not forget about all those Space Shuttle customers still waiting on the avionics. And the FS9 C-130 customers waiting on the promised service pack 2 to fix the many reported problems that CS told everyone they were working on and would be available "soon" (but they just flat out canceled that one a while ago because THEY felt it wasn't necessary.) And let's not even include all the FS9 727 and 707 customers who were also waiting on promised service packs they NEVER delivered.I know if you add up add those customers, they are probably not "all" the customers that have experienced CS's wonderful method of treating customers, but I'll bet its a pretty good share of them. :)I wholeheartedly agree that everyone should be able to make up their own mind, but they should also be armed with truthful information from other customers with 1st hand experience dealing with CS, and not have CS's very nice commerce page as the sole basis for their buying decision. I will be the 1st to list ALL the good points of CS (it's real easy and takes no time at all):1. They make outstanding visual models2. They make outstanding visual models3. They make outstanding visual modelsThat about covers it for the good points of CS...in my opinion. :)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

> I know now when I see you in here Steve it will always be>good entertainment! :) LOL>> Merry Christmas man! Hope your family has a great holiday>season!>>HornitYou too Jim! A very Happy Holiday season for you and your family, let's hope this rain keeps up!I just made Medallion status a while ago, I'm bound to be sitting behind you one of these days! :) Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I'm still waiting for my XP airliner, RealAir Duke, and an FSX upgrade to the Spitfire. All from very reputable people, but I'm still waiting..L.Adamson

>I wholeheartedly agree that everyone should be able to make up>their own mind, but they should also be armed with truthful>information from other customers with 1st hand experience>dealing with CS, and not have CS's very nice commerce>page as the sole basis for their buying decision. I'm not saying we should solely trust the CS website for the basis of our buying decision. I'm saying that although there have been some very public failures on CS's part, there are also many happy customers. There are posts from them in these forums too, and there must be some reason they are satisfied - maybe they had different expectations than you did. Let's face it - some people are only looking at the visual models.I didn't have any issues with the C-130 (there's a new post in the FSX forum about this same point), but it might be worth looking at a review from our favourite website:http://www.avsim.com/pages/1005/C130/C130.htmhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/1205/C130/C130.htm4 1/2 Stars from AVSIM, with not many negative points. In fairness, the second review mentioned some issues that were patched in SP1. As A CS C-130 owner, I was pretty happy, so I take issue when other people tell me that there was anything wrong with it. At a current price of $20 (FS9 version), it's a bargain.On the other hand, the 757 seemed doomed from the start. I was never a fan of the "block" system, and it seemed rather expensive at the time, so I passed on it. I understand there are well-documented bugs that were never resolved, and this seems to have poisoned CS's reputation in the mind of anyone who owned the 757. For the rest of us, this isn't the case.Interestingly enough, the 757 was also reviewed on AVSIM, and received the "Gold Star Award":http://www.avsim.com/pages/1006/CS757/CS757.htmAgain, the review is mostly positive, the main sticking point seems to be performance, due to the external model. So, as a potential customer, I would give more weight to a review from AVSIM before a random post in the forum. For what it's worth, if someone were to post an actual review in the forums, rather than just spouting off, I would probably give them more credit than I do now.The reason I responded to your original post was it seemed inflammatory. Comments like "a company who blatantly lies and deceives it's customers" and "I can assure you that it is loaded with bugs that will give you nothing but frustration..." aren't factual. They are your opinion, unless you can back it up with something. I'm not talking about CS's unfulfilled promises, because this is undisputed, but that is not the same as what your comments imply.- Martin

>I'm still waiting for my XP airliner, RealAir Duke, and an>FSX upgrade to the Spitfire. All from very reputable people,>but I'm still waiting..>>L.AdamsonDang, you got me.I'm writing Lou Betti right now and demanding my money back for the beautiful A320 model he sold me and promised that the avionics would be along "soon". :-xxrotflmaoThanks for reminding me about all those other companies that sold me half-finished packages, promising to complete them before releasing any new ones.Have a Merry Christmas L.Adamson, I hope Santa puts an FSX C-130 under the tree for you. ;) (not being sarcastic, I know your fondness for the C-130, and CS's is the best one out there, despite how I feel about some of their other products and customer service)Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg