Sign in to follow this  
Guest esell

Howcome this image has sooo real graphics ?

Guest esell

Hi Allplease have a look at http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Loca...&ImageID=161819Can someone pls tell howcome this image has sooo real graphics !I have Intel Dual Core running at 2.8 GHZ with 1 GB Ram and 512MB Nvidia graphics card. Is there anything more i need to put in this gaming PC to have that sort of real graphics (check the background fed-ex aircraft and how real they look !) Please help !

Hi,That picture has been edited by the uploader.What he did was to blur the background inorder to get that motion apperance. :-)

Staffan[/font size]

http://www.scandicair.com/images/fs9_pilots_club.gifFlightsimmer since 1987Dell Dimension 4600 P4/2.8 at 3.0 Ghz, 1024 Mb DDR333 Dual channel memory (2x256,1x512)AGP 256 Mb ATI Radeon X850 Pro ViVo flashed to a X850 XT PE, Omega 2.6.87 (CAT 5.12)DirectX 9.0c, W XP Home with SP2, E171FPb Flat panel monitor 17"370Gb HD (120 GB Maxtor, 250GB Samsung) 7200rpm ATA, Lacie 250Gb Extern HDBlogg: http://blogg.passagen.se/primeaviFiles: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?CatID=...&Go=Change+View

Staffan

Guest esell

Thanks for this clarification :)So you think my PC configuration is ok for fs2004 ?Intel Dual Core 2.8, 1 GB RAM , 512 MB Nvidia Graphics card, 250GB SATA HDD .i do intend to add another 1 GB Ram in next few days but any other suggestions are welcome :)

Your system should be fine :) However an extra gig of ram will load textures a little faster. I used to be a Nvidia guy but switched to ATI as I feel the quality of the image is better.

Rob Prest

Guest esell

My PC has an ATI onboard which used 256 MB for Graphics but i did'nt find it satisfactory. So i got this nvidia 512 MB . OOne more question for Geniuses here, iF i have a lot of AI Traffic, it slows the system terribly down ! But this does'nt happen when anywhere in India (VIDP/VABB). AS soon as i take a flight to OMDB, EHAM or KORD, it becomes terribly slow when flying over Europe/USA.I have AI setting turned to 99% AI and in India, i have a lot more traffic than it would be anywhere else in the world but why does'nt the simulation gets slow here ?I also noticed that the AI models by evolveAI are very very frame rate friendly and easy on system . All my Indian traffic is evolveai aircrafts so are the aircraft from other AI teams heavy and is this really the reason for slowing down of simulation ? Anyone else having similar issues, please share the solution here !

I think your AI frames are better around India because the overall traffic in the area is less.Let me explain- In India you might well have 400 movements a day in/out of VABB etc but you do not have the same quantity of overflying traffic... in Europe for example, it's not just a case of looking at the arrivals.deps in Frankfurt.. think about all those aircraft that are flying over the Frankfurt area... enroute Southern europe to scandanavia.. and east west...The skies are far more crowded overall in N America and Europe.An example too is London.. movements per day are approx EGLL 1300, EGKK 720, EGGW 315 and that doesnt include Stanstead, London City etc....Paul

Looks to me like the backdrop above the runway has been replaced with a real photo.Jim

Well, I learned something the other day.I had always assumed that the effect AI had on frame rates was to do with the number of aircraft your system was having to "draw".We all know if you don't have enough parking at airports, strange things will happen if you are on the ground, but if you are overflying, the fact that you might not have enough parking is just going to mean that there are less aircraft to draw, right?Wrong.And having disbelieved this at first, I have changed my mind.Apparently FS works on a radius of c. 100 miles, so if you are flying around London, you have Heathrow, Gatwick, City, Stanstead & Luton, plus Bournemouth, Southampton, Birmingham and East Midlands a bit further out. Brussels and Amsterdam are not so far away as the crow flies.If you don't have enough parking to accommodate your AI at the airports within a 50 mile radius of where you are flying, you get stuttering and slow frames as FS tries to shoehorn AI into the parking spaces it has.So make sure you have Afcads for the major airports around you and keep the level of AI to a manageable level.

ngxu_banner.png