Sign in to follow this  
Guest Roman89

Virtual cockpit

Guest Roman89

Hi people, I would like to know if its possible to input the virtual cockpit from the default 747-400(FS2004) in my PMDG Boeing 747-400 aircraft. I already copied the panel files from my default 747 in the PMDG 747 panel folder but I just got an empty sight when I look, for example to the right or left side of my PMDG aircraft. Does somebody know how to do that?Thanks in advance! :)

Guest bstolle

Sorry, that's not possible as the VC is part of the model file.RegardsBerntCapt 767

Hi... What are you doing?... People buy PMDG for it's panel...You cannot put the VC from one aircraft to another...It is part of the aircraft model itself...Even if we can do that... that's still not make sense for me.. :(Cheers.

Guest Roman89

Thanks for the answers! :)But in general, isnt there ANY possibility to input the VC from a default aircraft into an aircraft which is the same Boeing type? One example: I downloaded a 737-400 from avsim and I would like to have the same VC like in the default 737-400. So I just copied the default 737-400 panels files into the 737-400 panel folder of the aircraft I downloaded here, but it just doesnt work! I cant understand why it doesnt since I just copied the files TO THE SAME type of Boeing 737-400.Can't I somehow open the model file and make some changes?^^

Roman89:what you wish to do cannot be done. the 3D/VC cockpit is part of the 3D model that the plane designer makes during development.you cannot edit VC as you must use the pre-compiled 3D code (and then use the same CAD-type program as the designer) to edit and 'build' the VC. doing this would be a violation of most designers EULAs.if you don't like on aircrafts VC, try another. the 737 has some many versions available in the library you will likely find one you like.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

No disrespect intended, but the op's a Captain Sim customer if ever there was one :(regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

"I already copied the panel files from my default 747 in the PMDG 747 panel folder but I just got an empty sight when I look,...."I really want to say something, but the sound of my bottom jaw hitting the floor keeps distracting me.:-hang You're gonna have to help me here, bud.....I really don't understand what you're going for here.Best regardsJan1,KINDWhen I push the button and it works, I'm happy:-)HP Media CenterPentium D 2.80 GHz Duel core2.00 GB RAMNVIDIA GeForce 6200SEConexant Falcon II NTSCXP SP2

Come on guys, from the number of his post's he's new. Proberbly got the aircraft for christmas saw the size of the training docs and realised he wont be able the get this thing airborne till next christmas! :) To the original poster.. You cant just jump in and fly this thing but all you need is the basics to get in the air for a simple pattern. If you get stuck just ask over at the PMDG forum, but dont try and edit the panel thats just crazy and you will proberbly just end up breaking something!Rob

Rob Prest