Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

A tale of two poskies (747/200 and 400

Hello AllYesterday i was hunting through Airsouce flights for something a bit different and found what i was looking for in there Classic flights section.I t was a Pan Am flight (VIDP-OIII) and for no other reason other than i like the old Pan Am livery i scooted of to POSKY and downloasded there 747/200 Pan Am model.That was the good news. I soon found after takeoff that this particular model was unusable ie switching from 2D cockpit view to virtual cockpit view(no actual virtual cockpit)would produce a lag of about three seconds before the sim could be used again(mini lockup)as the flight progressed my irritation increased until i decided i had had enough and switched to another POSKY (747/400 Cathay World cities livery very nice )this model had the same Ken Mitchel panel as the Pan Am model but performed flawlessly ie no VC lag etc.I have noticed this lag thing with other plane models as well and was wondering what the cause is? i don't have any planes with VCs i am not a fan but quite often you get this delay when switching from 2D to VC (although in most case it is not so bad as to become a problem as this pesky POSKY was.)Any thoughts on the reason for this issue?or indeed any solutions (i suspect not)but thought i would at least ask.cheers Andy Merry Yule to all who love it.But if your like me BAH HUMBUG!to the whole dreadful greed soaked business and roll on Spring its bloody cold:-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!