Sign in to follow this  
Chuck_B

Another Thank You From a Very Happy Simmer

In another thread here, someone had the outstanding idea of thanking one of the great freeware AI developers for all the hard work they do for us all year, and I wanted to add a few personal thank you's myself:To those people who work so hard at World of AI? A great big THANK YOU to you great people.And let's not forget those genius's over at Project Opensky who do what they do because they love it so much -- and then share it freely with the rest of us: THANKS for all your GREAT free models!And all you designers, painters, customizers, tweakers and freeware developers who upload your work to the AVSIM libraries and give it to us each and every day of the year? THANK YOU!!!!! And to those payware developers who give fast, COURTEOUS support for your products: THANK YOU! To those who don't -- a big and neverending thumb of my nose to you> (YOU know who you are!)And finally, but certainly not the least, those for whom I have the MOST gratitude: to all you people who read these posts and offer yor time and help by sharing your personal experience and knowledge, WITHOUT making the other person feel stupid or inadequate: I THANK YOU!You've all made my first year in this hobby the greatest!Happy holidays, everyone!Chuck B.

I agree 100%There is no comparison what so ever with World of AI. A true masterpiece IMHO. Each time they release a new airline package, it

Staffan

I will drink to that.I would like to add a special word of thanks to the Guys(it is only guys shame about that)who make up some of the fantastic sound packages that enable me fill my room with 737,747,Airbuses etc.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Nice idea Chuck and I'll include my thanks, not only to the traffic developers but all the folks who offer up their creations as freeware along with AVSIM for generously hosting the files - makes this a great hobby! Happy Holidays.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

This thread is a good idea! Let me thank the following people/groups for their efforts (In no particular order):Nick Prestwich: His Retro AI repaints are great!Ivan Hsu, for the indispensable MDLC program. I can convert most FS9 planes for use in FS2002Morten Krogstad: MK_MDLC windows utility.Kazunori Ito: This guy has released dozens of fantastic freeware aircraft.Mike Stone: The C-141 and C-5 better than people think :)Project Opensky: One of their 737NGs works perfectly well in FS2002, but my favorite is the 747 classics (version 3). Externally they are almost identical to the latest version (V4), but they don't have tons of XML features that I don't need. I also use FDEs from a period when POSKY FDEs were highly regarded ...Brett Hoskins, for his Russian fighters e.g. Su-11Melvin Rafi: His 747s and 777s are still going strong, nealr yfive years after their release! The 777s, in particular, are still very popular.David Maltby: Great BAC 1-11s, Tridents, and VC-10s :)Vladimir Zhyhulskiy: Great Russian freeware author!