Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

Curtis C-46 Commando

Guest fullstoplanding

This request is about enlarging engine gauges. I have the Libardo Guzman C-46 Commando (GA-Curtis C-46 Commando). It's a fantastic old bird to fly and he and his staff deserve a hearty thank you for giving the sim community this aircraft.I would like to able to enlarge the engine gauges, for example, the manifold and propeller- rpm gauges. They are too small on the 2D and Virtual Cockpit views for accurate power settings. I suspect they can be enlarged because the arrow cursor becomes a hand symbol when moved over one. However, the hand does not have + or - signs as when selecting frequencies, or the such, by left clicking to go up or down the numbers. It's just a hand symbol, no + or- signs. This may or may not have anything to do with making the gauges larger. Thank you for any help. --Roger

Hi,Open the plane's panel.cfg file (in the panel folder) and look for the listing of those gauges. There can be 4 numbers after the gauge name - X location, Y location, X size, and Y size. If there are 4 numbers there already you can increase the last two numbers to make them bigger. If there are only two numbers, you can add one more (to increase both X and Y together) or add two more (to increase X and Y separately). Then save the cfg file and reload the aircraft in FS.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest ThrottleUp

Roger - wow this is a cool plane, thanks for pointing it out! The sounds, the FDE, visual model...all very well done so hats of to the authors :)What kind of routes would I use this on if I wanted to fly realistic historical flights?

Guest fullstoplanding

I agree. It's a beauty. And the sound! I use a HP wide-screen lap top, but I can only imagine how fantastic the sound would be with a bigger audio system.As for routes, here's a real one I flew on. I joined the Air Force, December 1950, and took basic training at Lackland AFB, Texas. One night a group of us were flown in a C-46 up to Scott AFB, Illinois for Radio Mechanic"s School. I don't remember much except getting out of the plane and smelling soft coal smoke. x( I came from Upstate New York where hard coal was used for fuel. :-) What I do remember, though, was how huge the plane was compared to a C-47.As for routes to fly, I think it would be fun to use the schedule of a present-day S. American airline and fly some of their routes.--Roger

Guest fullstoplanding

Tom,Thank you for your help. Loved the "Drop by! __x_x_(")_x_x__" --Roger