Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Radio beeping

I sometimes get a radio morse beeping start up, like the sound when the radio finds an ILS signal for instance, which then never stops. I am currently flying an Airbus a340 (though it happens with a number of a/c) from EGLL to OMDB and this *!@*!! beeping has been going on for over 45 minutes now. It's like Chinese water torture.Any ideas how I can stop it? I tried changing NAV1, NAV2 (also standby frequencies for both) & ADF frequencies, but to no avail. The radio on my panel has an 'off' button: the lights go out, but the beeping goes on. What other sources could there be that create this morse-like beeping in FS9?Tried reloading the a/c - beeping still there every few seconds.As a last resort, anyone know the sound file name from which this beeping loads, so I can 'nobble' it? I'd rather nothing than this - after a while it just makes me want to switch the PC off.Thanks,Martin

Guest Shalomar

Did you try turning off the Nav Radios sound on the audio panel?Hope this helps...Donald T.:-waveFLYing? It's cool. Trillions of birds and insects can't be wrong.

Hi. Not sure what you mean by the 'audio panel', to be honest.I managed to solve this in the last five minutes by adding a separate Radio window to my panel.cfg file, one which has an ID light for the NAV radios (- there was no radio panel as such before, the panel I am using controls the Radio via the CDU and/or Lower EICAS) and an icon in the cockpit to open it up of course. Now I can switch off the ID light - and then, peace!! What bliss!!Thanks for the suggestion,Martin

HelloIts not just the ILS that produces a Morse signal,VORs,NDBs etc all have there own Morse identifiers that you can tune into on your radio.Do you know about the little identifier lights at the bottom of the radio?these when turned on will enable you to here the different Morse signals but if you want to turn these Morse signals off just turn of the relevant identifier light.I would have thought if you have turned of the radio and changed frequencies it would have stopped your Morse code interference.You are definitely tuned to something.Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

>"You are definitely tuned to something." ...>>I can't but agree with you!>>M. :-)Ah!Tech talk indeed.Perhaps you had saved a previous flight with another aircraft with the Morse identifier left on and made that the default flight Blah de blah and mucho blah!You know what an awkward bugger FS can be sometimes.cheers Andy:-)

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Guest franksalot

Hi Andy,If you start fs9 with the default flight which uses the Cessna 172, all you have to do to drive yourself crazy, is turn on the DME and ADF the beeping will drive you barmy :) I've never tried Saving a situaton with them left ON, it could be fun. A 7.5 hour flight EGLL to OMDB would be ideal to try it out. As they used to say "it's got to be someone else...not me!!"Ken

Yes, I do know FS can be an awkward bugger. We tend to forgive it, as it does so much more right, of course. Still, flying in southern Turkey just now, I've just been told by ATc to tune to Budapest Centre(/Center), Hungary - FS's little idiosyncracies certainly span the whole spectrum. Bless ...M.