Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Thompson

Disappointing 767-200

Guest NWilkinson

Well, please keep in mind that we never promised a virtual cockpit, and afterall, we made this aircraft for FREE.Now, back on topic..The 767v4 series were going to have a virtual cockpit included, and we were going to use the virtual cockpit made by Rafal Bajorek, and when he said it was completed.. he vanished and we never heard from him again. We never had his source files and so we were unable to compile any virtual cockpits... and this was back in July 2006.Later that year the author of the 767v4 series, Albert Bouwman left POSKY to form Commercial Level Sims and he never gave us the source files for the 767v4 series, so model updates by POSKY was impossible.The readme files, I admit, are all basically the same.. they should be updated per each aircraft but for some reason they aren't... so some things on the readme might actually be incorrect.

Guest RonB49

Thanks Nicholas for all of your hard work, freely given to all of us. I'd heard a little bit about the problems that POSKY has had but it sounds even worse than I thought. Keep up the good work. We appreciate it. R-

Guest Albatross7107

Oh no no, I wasn't mad that it wasn't there, it was just something that I wanted was all.Believe me, documentation is one of my duties at work and I know how easy it is for it to be written so that only someone who already knows can understand it AND how *hard* it is to keep each and every file up to date. Some days I'd rather hit myself in the crotch with a hammer then face a round of documentation updates!!!On the other hand, the "manual" is great - well written, good diagrams, etc. But it was a little hard to find. I guess if I had been around POSKY for a long time, I'd have known where to look, but as a noob I basically ran into them by accident. (being in the 767 folder and there being a seperate 767v4 folder I honestly didn't think anything in the 767 folder would apply to the 767v4)My love of the VC did lead me to drop some $$$ on a 767, but I'm 100% for the whole idea of POSKY and wish you all nothing but the best.

Guest NWilkinson

Well maybe one day in the future with the next versions of FS, importing a VC into an aircraft is fully possible.It is possible with FSX, however the VC has to be compiled in a specific way with the FSX SDK as with the exterior model.. That's the rumor, but I've never tried it because I don't have FSX (I know it will run like crap on my computer, so there's no bother to get it) and I hear the FSX SDK is rather painful to use... so I'll just keep waiting...But companies like iFly had a really good 747 panel that could be used with any model, so it's only a matter of time when FS will be able to do the same with virtual cockpits... it would be so much easier to have a great company doing an exterior model (like Project Open Sky), another doing a VC (like RFP) and have them be able to become integrated with eachother or any other model combination...One day.. (Doesn't MS read this forum? :D)

Dear sir,Well, I for one found out from their website that there was no 2d or virtual flight deck before even downloading it. That in itself would have saved you a few mins of your time and frustration. And, a good search of the various fs sites would have also helped you in your search for a VC. Do a little research before posting; it sure can do you wonders.Respectfully,Ken L.

I believe their 757 has a VC, and their new ERJ series have a nice VC too, but if you want the best you'll need the LvlD 767, best airliner out there right nowhttp://www.leveldsim.com/sevensix_home.asp

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So Nicholas Wilkinson of POSKY admits that some readme's can be wrong,therefor what's the point of including them. This might be freewarebut craftsmen ensure their work is correct. I'm fed up downloadingPOSKY aircraft that won't install properly, i.e. no cockpit, and I'mnot on my own with this. I'm no longer a POSKY fan even if it's free !!

>So Nicholas Wilkinson of POSKY admits that some readme's can>be wrong,>therefor what's the point of including them. This might be>freeware>but craftsmen ensure their work is correct. I'm fed up>downloading>POSKY aircraft that won't install properly, i.e. no cockpit,>and I'm>not on my own with this. I'm no longer a POSKY fan even if>it's free !!:-eek Please provide a link as to what you have done for the fightsim community.

Ed, your reply is irrelevant, what I am pointing out is there are problems with released POSKY downloads, and I and others are fedup trying to install them. I respect the skills of developers butplease make sure the product is right and that readme's are understandable, surely this is common sense and applies across theboard. There again if there were no problems this forum could becomeredundant !Regards E'fox

>Ed, your reply is irrelevant, what I am pointing out is there>are problems with released POSKY downloads, and I and others>are fed>up trying to install them. I respect the skills of developers>but>please make sure the product is right and that readme's are>understandable, surely this is common sense and applies across>the>board. There again if there were no problems this forum could>become>redundant !>Regards E'fox>WHAT!!!!Hey I know..... Don't download them. Then you wont have "problems" installing them!