Sign in to follow this  
dfish

AI GA Parking

I sometimes see small commuter aircraft like CRJ's or Dash 8's parked in GA areas. How do I keep them out of GA parking? BTW, I do know how to use AFCAd2.Dave F.

Make sure the parking codes of the aircraft match the ones used in the Afcads, or the other way arounds really. Also, all airline traffic should have GATE as parking type. Cargo, CARGO. And General Aviation, RAMP. Of course, your Afcads would need to be set up properly as well.But there are lots of other factors, are your model radii correct, are there enough parking spots, are they big enough, etc...

Mike...

Basically - you don't have enough parking spots in the right areas for these aircraft - if you have the parking codes correct and the model radius and parking spots sized correct.FS aircraft parking is about setting a preference - there is no way to exclude aircraft from certain areas.If there is not enough parking of the proper size / coding - the aircraft will park elsewhere on the airport until all the airport parking is filled.

Thanks guys, I think it may be a lack of parking. I usualy see this when traffic is at 100% in the early morning.Dave

Guest Albatross7107

I had a similar trouble with my remake of KTHV - I corrected the airport and then added (admittedly over did..) AI traffic to the airport.There's a collection of Skyhawk, Skylane, Cheokee there, as well as a couple of Leer, and a Dash8 (along with a Comet, DC3, and Trimotor, just for kicks)Anyway, the Leer would sometimes go to the Small GA parking, with there noses inside the hangers... Did some checking, and found that if I set the radius of the small GA to 25ft, the comet will still park there, but the leer won't. Problem solved.The leer was the only plane that "violated" the smaller parking....MS KTHV http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182459.jpgMy KTHV http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182460.jpg