Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

First CTDs in ages help sorted(Lee Hetheringtons tcas)

Hello AllI recently installed Lee Herrington's TCAS into most of my aircraft as it is said to be one of the most realistic simulations of a tcas you can get for FS9 or 2002.Now thats the good news but this week i have had two CTDs in exactly the same position ie coming in to land and almost at the point you disengage Autopilot and auto throttle so VERY frustrating.I have recently gone for at least six months with no CTD problems whatever so my thoughts turned to the newly installed TCAS gauge.I decided to look once again at the installation instructions and i found this...............You also need to add trafficinfo:yes parameter to the ILH_TCAS!Logic gauge line if you are using traffic info dll,now i have definitely got the traffic info dll in my modules folder so i presume i am using it.My question is this dear old Lee doesn't have the most user friendly instructions for FS 2004 installation so i need to know how to add the... trafficinfo:yes parameter to the ILH_TCAS!Logic gauge line.The ILH_TCAS !logic gauge line is this..............gauge109=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0, 0, 1, 1...should i add trafficinfo:yes bit at the end of the line and if so should there be a comma after the one or is it at the beginning of the line?its the format i need to know.I am sure there must be a clever programmer out there who can help me.As usual i hope that lot makes some sense.PS the gauge can also use FSUIPC instead of traffic info dll,but i was wondering if the fact that i have that dll but not the proper LOGIC Gauge line COULD be the cause of these recent CTDs .I hope i can sort it is i prefer this gauge to the other offerings.cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Andy,If you read the documentation that came with the gauge pack (Readme.htm), you will find all the details you need plus an example:"...The following are sample Panel.cfg lines with some parameters, showing how they must be formatted:gaugeXX=ILH_TCAS!Logic, 0, 0, 1, 1, trafficinfo:yes volume:-200gaugeYY=ILH_TCAS!IVSI, 545, 391, 158, 158, fontscale:1.1 other:45..."As to the cause of CTD's, that could be many things, but it is known that Trafficinfo.dll has a hard-coded limit to the number of traffic items it can handle. Try turning down your AI traffic settings and see if that has any effect on your CTD problem.

Graeme Butler

Thanks Graeme I realise that ctds causes seem to legion,but the fact that i have had none for such a long time and then after i had installed this gauge i had a couple made me wonder.I am sure its not my AI traffic as i always have it on a fairly low setting anyway.I am not sure if the traffic info dll plays an important part in some other part of my FS setup otherwise i would remove it and the the tcas would then presumably use FSUIPC for the info it needs.cheers Andy

Trafficinfo.dll is installed as part of the FS2004 Panel and Gauges SDK. I'm not sure if removing it is a good idea, as other programs/gauges might be requiring it.You could try moving it to another folder and do some tests to see if it has any effect.In my experience, most CTD's have been caused by bad/duplicate AFCADs. Check if you have recently installed some new scenery file and try disabling it. You need to do lots of testing to find the cause of these kinds of problems.

Graeme Butler

GraemeI looked up the traffic info dll on google and came to the conclusion that removing it would not be a good idea.As to third party scenery files i don't have any.I just use FS global se and i am quite happy with that.I did edit some of my panel folders(as Lee Hetherington described)and on two flights yesterday i had no problem with CTDs,so its fingers crossed time.Thanks for your help.cheers Andy