Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimmernick

LHR AFCAD for LHR aerosoft scenery

Guest flightsimmernick

Hi people,I have been playing around with the AFCAD that comes with LHR 2008 scenery from aerosoft and have a query/problem with it. It seems that I can get the aircraft to use any combination except one. This is the combination that I want and it won

Not sure why you would not use 9R/27L for take-offs. Parkings spots on both sides, one take-off queue on the outside, two on the inside. The other runway for landings.The other way around is asking for trouble, IMHO. However, it should work if you want it to. I'll check it out, if it works for me, I'll send you my Afcad and you can compare or use and tweak it.One thing, do your departure ends have starting locations?By the the way, the abnormal width has to do with the hold short limit. By increasing the width, you can have AI hold short further from the visual runway in the scenery, making it more realistic.

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

Hey Mike Thanks for that...Your AFCAD seems to work fine thanks for that!Its actually one of my mates AFCAD and he prefers to use this runway config. Myself I use the other way as you say - then you have about 3 holding ques for take off.Thanks for the info about the width - I tried adjusting it to match the other runway but then aircraft would not take off on this runway so thought that might be to do with hold short nodes and the proximity of them to the runway. Yes the AFCAD does have start locations but they are on the taxiwas as opposed to being on the runways????? Is this normal they say that they are for the runway but when you start it and look in AFCAD the locations are just short of the runway on the taxiway. I will try to post the AFCAD so you can have a look. AFCAD: http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/182477.tar

The zip file is corrupted according to my computer and I have nothing that can handle .tar. Start locations don't necessarily have to be on the runway, as long as they are associated with a runway and vice versa, it's all good.

Mike...

Guest flightsimmernick

OK Sorry prob my fault as I am not familiar with sending files on this forum. At least we have some AFCAD that works now - thanks for that!The only other thing that I can think of is - that he downloaded this one and a subsequent updated AFCAD was later released??

That doesn't work either, maybe just mail me just the bgl file, my address can be found in the readme of one of my uploads, such as this one (gotta love ZipDive).Anyway, glad it's working now.;-)

Mike...