Sign in to follow this  
Guest JollyRoger

Ready for Pushback - FSUIPC problem

Guest JollyRoger

Hi folks!I just installed Ready for Pushback 2nd Generation (the freeware version from avsim). All OK so far.When I select a 747-200 from RFP in FS9 i get this error message:'Error while trying to link to FSUIPC. Wrong FSUIPC, or not FSUIPC' :-hmmmI actually have a registred version of FSUIPC v3.75 in my FS9Modules folder! :-hmmm:-hmmm:-hmmmNote: I did NOT install FS9 in the default folder. Could that be the problem? Plz dont tell me to reinstall FS9! :-blaThanx for help!

I used to have the boxed version and when installing it would overwrite my fsuipc with an older version. check your modules folder to see if thats happened.Robjust reread yr post, if you have checked your modules folder I'm lost...someone else?

Rob Prest

Guest JollyRoger

Hi folks!Thanx for your answers.I checked FSUIPC again... it's really v3.75!I hope someone can help...

Guest JollyRoger

Hi folks!Thanx again for your help.Unfortunately the problem couldn't be solved.I downloaded FSUIPC v3.75 again from the author's site and re-installed.Would be great if someone had another idea... thanx!Is it somehow possible to 'tell' Ready for Pushback to look for FSUIPC at some specific place (folder)?GreetsJ.R.Here is a screenshot of the exact error message:

Guest JollyRoger

Hi,FS9 is installed here: C:Flightsim 2004FSUIPC.DLL v3.75 is here: C:Flightsim 2004ModulesThanx for your help.J.R.

Did you, by chance, originally install FS9 in another location and then move it without re-installing. I guess what I am asking is whether or not your registry entry is the same as your actual location or if it refers to some other location. I think that this could make RFP unable to identify the location of FSUIPC and trigger the error.Other possibilty would be to try loading FS9 with a default A/C and then try changing to RFP....Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Guest JollyRoger

Hi,I did not install FS9 in an other folder before. Got it always where its now.But I had RFP first installed in a temp folder. I have however manually deleted this first install and then re-installed RFP in the FS9 main folder this time.I also tried to start a flight with some ohter A/C and then switching to one from RFP but i still got the error message.ThanxJ.R.

<>That could be the problem. To remove any registry entries you should always use Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel. Manually deleting RFP will remove the files but not the registry entry.I suggest you deinstall RFP from its current location using Add/Remove and then reinstall it to the original temp location.Then use Add/Remove to kill that install which will remove the registry entries and finally install it in your preferred location.It sounds a bit messy but manually deleting programs that write to the Registry is taboo if you want to keep things working properly.Finally, remember to update FSUIPC to the latest version.Hope that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

We may be on the right track here. At a minimum, open START>RUN>REGEDIT>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>MICROSOFTGAMES>FLIGHTSIMULATOR>9.0 and LOOK at the key, it should show you the path where FS9 is located. Unless you are comfortable changing the registry, I would strongly recommend that you LOOK ONLY, don't change anything unless you know exactly what you are doing.If the key does not match, then I would second Ray's suggestion about re-installing. Alternatively, you can post back what you find and we could perhaps suggest a fix.Please post back your results in either case.Ed GreenKCLT

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_images/fdc_beta.jpg

Guest JollyRoger

Hi,I tried what Ray suggested. Still the same problem though...Registry:HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>MICROSOFTGAMES>FLIGHTSIMULATOR>9.0Here I have only two items: (Standard) and FIRSTRUN with some values.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>MICROSOFT>MICROSOFTGAMES>FLIGHTSIMULATOR>9.0Here I have several items, one of them is 'Path' with value 'C:Flightsim 2004' (= correct install folder of my FS9).Is there a way to remove manually incorrect registry entries related to RFP? Could CCleaner help?Thanx!J.R.

Hi JR,<Great minds think alike! I was thinking about that earlier. By all means run it and see what it reports. The first time I ran it on what I thought was a well configured PC I almost had a heart attack at what it reported about my registry!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather