Sign in to follow this  
Guest j0nx

FS9 multi-monitor support??

Guest j0nx

Hey all, does fs9 support multi-monitors? I have a 28" monitor as my primary and a 17" as my secondary and fs9 does not allow me to drag radio stacks or a gps or a new view etc to the other monitor. FSX seems to allow this ok for me without issue now that i figured out how to do it but fs9 wont see the 2nd monitor. I also get a ton of shimmering because there is no AF (filtering) being applied as per the driver profile. I am using the latest and buggiest drivers that nvidia has unleashed on us to date so i am starting to think that maybe these drivers just prevet the game from taking advantage of a multi monitor setting in the profile? Anyone else successfully using multi monitors in fs9 with nvidia hardware?

I know it can be done, why don't you check out the hardware forum at the bottom of the page. Thats where all the tech guys hang out. Dave F

I have a 21 inch samsung and a 19 inch samsung as a second monitor.I have no problems undocking panels onto my second 19 inch monitor. You should also see the second monitor in the hardware tab within flight simulator (under options, listed as your video card, case in point> 8800GTS.1, ect). You can configure them seperatly)You need to run in window mode (hit ALT+ENTER while in the cockpit in full screen mode). Once in window mode open all the panels you want to move over. Then RIGHT click on each of the panels you want to move and click "undock" and a window will form around it, slide it over to your second monitor.Go back into full screen mode (hit ALT+ENTER) and your all done.

Triple monitors/views no problem here in FS9 with good old nVidia/GeForceFX5200 cards. We're going to get booted out of this forum if we continue this. Go to the Hardware Discussion Forum- lots of info there. Search over past 6 months for topics "Multi Monitors" or "VIEW_FORWARD" or authors "january" or "Jim Cooper" or "Kimchoc".Alex Reid

Guest j0nx

Thanks altstiff! That works except for a big problem. When i alt-enter into fullscreen mode after placing my windows into the other monitor the screen just flashes black and then back to fs9 over and over. I also get no AA or AF in window mode. At least in full screen i get AA but no AF. Anyone using the 169.25's? These 169 series drivers have ruined fs9 and MS doesn't seem to be too concerned about it.

I've got two monitors hooked up. As long as your video card has two monitor outputs you can hook up two monitors. I have an ATI video 850 video card with two video outputs and with the ATI drivers two monitors are a standard.JimCYWG

Guest j0nx

Ive got a matrox triplehead on one output and a 28" LCD on the other of my 8800. I am only using 2 of the 3 monitors on the th2g though. Even when not using the th2g and plugging a 17" monitor into the other port on the vid card fs9 still just flashes black and back to fs9. I never tried this before a few days ago so i cant say if it is a driver issue or what but the game looks horrible with the flickering and it just refuses to use a 2nd monitor in full screen mode for me. This is the only game i have serious issues with on these drivers. I may try to go back to 163.75 tomorrow but thats such a pain to do with no guarantee of success.I should also add that in windows this setup works great and in fsx there are no problems either. This is strictly an fs9 issue or an fs9 nvidia driver profile issue.

>Thanks altstiff! That works except for a big problem. When i>alt-enter into fullscreen mode after placing my windows into>the other monitor the screen just flashes black and then back>to fs9 over and over. I also get no AA or AF in window mode.>At least in full screen i get AA but no AF. Anyone using the>169.25's? These 169 series drivers have ruined fs9 and MS>doesn't seem to be too concerned about it. I'm using the recently released 169.21 from NVidia. Make sure your second monitor is configured in the simulator hardware setting (in my case, 8800GTS.1) AND make sure your second monitor has nothing else on it like a web page or something. Mine is blank.

Guest j0nx

Nothing else on any other monitor as far as web browsers etc and still just flashing when i maximize the game with undocked windows in the secondary monitor(s). I did try the old 163 driver and it did the same thing. I did however fix the shimmering with the help of an article i found online. It looks great now like it used to before nvidia destroyed the profile. I really wish i could get this multimon working though. I can't see why it would just flash like this in fullscreen mode if any other undocked windows are in the other monitor(s).