Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reed203

new mkjs scenery problems

Guest Reed203

Hello everyone and happy new year!I just downloaded the new Caribwings Sangster scenery in the library and it looks great. I am running into a few major problems though. It seems as if the default buildings havent been excluded, some textures for the terminals are missing, and the ramp area is flickering and bleeding through. Also, the runway and taxiways shimmer and move slightly from left to right. Very weird:). I am beginning to think this is a problem with the scenery because I went through the basic steps of making sure I dont have any mesh or other scenery conflicting and installed the scenery according to the readme. I would love to know if this is a problem with the scenery package itself (dev forgot to put some textures and exclude files in on accident) or something with my computer and if it is something with me, a way to fix it. Thanks so much everyone!

You're not alone.Finally got it downloaded on the wknd but only today got to try it.Textures are all wonky as well as shimmering like crazy.I do have FSGenesis installed but it is below Sangster.Hopefully Jonathan will chime in here. Has has done nice work in the past with his Grand Cayman islands scenery.So hopefully he can fix this.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest Reed203

Glad to know its something with the scenery and not with my fs setup. My reasoning is that in a rush to get the file uploaded before 08 (the project was titled Sangster 2007 from the beginning) the developer forgot a few exclude files and textures in the upload. Everyone makes mistakes though so no hard feelings to the devs. I wouldnt be surprised if a fix showed up in the library early in the morning. I cant wait to get it running, its one of the best freeware sceneries I have come across in a while.

I uninstalled it pending some major corrections -I was seeing the bad shimmering and it appears the afcad was an old one (or some default buildings were not excluded) as I saw a number of jet aircraft parked in buildings with their noses protruding.One can only hope there will be an update soon and these issues will be addressed.In the meantime I have no problems using Bill Melichar's fine rendition of Sangster.

Guest Reed203

Just sent an email off to John at Caribwings about the problems. Im sure he has quite a few of those in his box already judging from the number of downloads the scenery has from the library but better safe than sorry. Thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions:)

Same problems here as well. The "readme' mentioms some of the issues as well as a fix forthcoming. So I'll wait.Jim D.

I had the same prblems as everyone else here. So I deleted the scenery for now, but if a fix for the scenery shows up I will re install it. From the screenshots I have seen it looked pretty good.

Guest Pierrek

Hello Simmers,This is a message from Jonathan Schutte:He has just finished a patch for the scenery, and it is currently being uploaded to the Avsim library, so it should be up later today. Keep looking out for it, last look, it addressed the issues that you guys listed.Thanks very much for the feedback, the main reason for the issues in the first place, was that the file was initially too large for avsim, so I have to delete a few thing to get it under the 100MB limit, however, evidentally I deleted something that was needed, and that is my mistake, next time I reckon I'll just make a 2 part download. Anyway, again, sorry for the mixup, good luck with the patch.All the best,Pierre Knoblauch

Jonathan sent me a link to a site where all the files could be down loaded, there are several more files included than are with the AVSIM download. Unfortunatly after I downloaded the files I deleted the Email link. You are correct in assuming some of the missing files were exclude files. The Designer has made Aircraft parking on the South side of the Terminal. I can find no reference or photos of this condition. Google earth seems to show some construction in this area, but no aircraft. I love Island Hopping in the Caribbean, I wish we had more scenery designers for this area. Bill

Guest Reed203

The google earth pictures are very dated... I was in MKJS the other year and their was indeed parking on the south side of the terminal. If im not mistaken, Jon Schutte received some pictures from a local simmer showing the completed terminal.

I also found that the frames take a dive about 1 mile back on approach to 07 on my new computer. I hope he can optimise a bit or split the bgl files so we can remove what we don't want.

Guest Reed203

Is it your frames or just stuttering? I have a new computer as well and the scenery stutters a bit at first. I think it is just textures loading. The frames stay maxed out though. I have run into the same problem at his MWCR Grand Cayman scenery as well.

I am sorry to report that the patch "improved" things a bit but certainly did not correct all the issues - at least on my machine.The aircraft park correctly now (not buried in buildings) but I still have major shimmering on the tarmac adjacent to the runway. Also most AI aircraft have their wheels partially beneath the tarmac.It is dissapointing to download such a large file (actually two, one small and one very large) only to find that not enough beta testing has taken place. Why on earth are the texture files so large?For me it is back to the fine Sangster Airport by Bill Melichar.Let's hope the author will try again.

Guest Reed203

Your not alone Opa. I have the same problems you are having plus misplaced taxiway signs and texture bleed through on the runway and ramp. Very disappointing as it looked to be a fine scenery. I second the hope that the dev will take another crack at it.

Hi David,Unfortunately, I have to agree with you. The patch did improve the scenery, but I still have some bleed through problems.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck