Sign in to follow this  
Guest Reed203

new mkjs scenery problems

Version 1.1 of this scenery is in the library now. The overall size of the download has been reduced it says bleed through problems have been fixed and night lighting was added. I downloaded but haven't installed it yet.

Well it is much, much better but far from "first class" yet.I just watched a Delta 737 taxi in - down the tarmac into the grass and finally park in what I presume would be a GA spot. The afcad needs some tweaking to say the least.I also noted what appears to be "waves" breaking over the grass area, well away from the shoreline and distinct "lines" in the grass areas - looks like adjacent grass areas do not quite line up with each other.Little details like this should have been seen and corrected during beta testing before release - in my humble opinion.I for one would have liked to have seen the fencing as a seperate bgl so users can opt to have it display or not.Perhaps there will be a ver 1.2 which will address these issues.

Hi,Well, with version 1.1, I noticed that AI Aircraft do not taxi on the centerline. If you look toward taxiway C you will notice that there appears to be waves of water washing up over the taxiway.I really haven't looked at anything else yet. This update is much better than the initial release.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Yep, version 1.1 is certainly an improvement over the first version and it's patch but still there are some serious residual problems, only some of which could be remedied by me:I have altered the original AFCAD taxiways so that AI aircraft now follow the taxiways etc. correctly. I have also fixed some direct errors.I have placed a flatten switch at 7 feet in the scenery.cfg file for the immediate airport area which cures any residual bleed through problems.Some remaining problems which I cannot fix:Some textures are far too large or "heavy" causing extreme stutters due to exessive loading times whenever the airport comes into view during an approach or fly by.There are some incorrectly placed taxi and other signs on the taxiways, apron and in other incorrect positions.There are waves washing over the airport.There is a pole in an extremely "dangerous" position at the beginning of runway 07.Please Jonathan, take your time now and solve these problems first before posting any new patches or a revision. MKJS must have been a lot of work for you and it would be a great pity if it was all in vain. However, the above problems especially the texture problem, are so serious that in the meantime I will also have to revert to my previous version.Good luck.Hans

>I also noted what appears to be "waves" breaking over the grass area, well away from the shoreline and distinct "lines" in the grass areas - looks like adjacent grass areas do not quite line up with each other.Little details like this should have been seen and corrected during beta testing before release - in my humble opinion.Not sure you're aware but the default MKJS had waves crashing on the runway also. So maybe you should be talking to Microsoft about beta testing not Jonathan.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

There may be unwanted waves in the default setting but there are none in Bill Melichar's version of Sangster so it is obvious that they can be removed. Bill's work may be somewhat outdated but it does work properly.I could not agree more that such things should have been caught and corrected prior to release.

>There may be unwanted waves in the default setting but there are none in Bill Melichar's version of Sangster so it is obvious that they can be removed.Not on my copy it isn't.Just before the Bravo taxiway.Although faint they do crash over onto alpha.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG