Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Coolsky md80 or Maddog 2006

Hello,I do not fly via the VC. Keeping the fact that I do not use the VC, between the two aircraft listed, the Coolsky MD80 or the Maddog 2006?. Which aircraft is the better buy?. I'm not looking for just a pretty looking aircraft, I want realistic performance and systems.Thanks

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Easily Maddog 2006.One of the most realistic systems I have in my fleet.I don't think you can go wrong with this one. Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Hi,I have both. MD2006 wins it easily, although it has its own few issues.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest mikealpha

>> Which aircraft is the better buy? ... I want realistic performance and systems.without the slightest doubt : Maddog 2006 !Mike

At the risk of sounding repetitive ... Maddog 2006.I bought the Coolsky MD80 quite some time ago, but I never really warmed up to it. I found that it really pushed my system-not so much the framerate but the memory (I have only 1 gig). I would experience OOM errors, and the screen refresh was slowThe Maddog simulates a newer plane, models more systems better (IMO), and presents no problems whatsoever in framerate, redraw, or errors.Cheers!Joel

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

I don't own the Maddog but the Coolsky models the "classic" MD-80 with an old INS nav system and analog gauges.I do enjoy it but also have OOM problems on flights for longer than 1.5 hrs with it. I would compare it to the Dreamfleet 727 at maybe a slight notch below the GA727.

I also dont own the maddog, but i do however own the coolsky, and to be honest with you, dont really care much for it.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Hi,Thanks Everyone for your input. It seems the choice is clear. The Maddog 2006.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Mike,good choice there! The Maddog is a fantastic add-on, especially if you're into procedures and systems. You'll love it.Cheers,Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifGIGABYTE Light 3D Galaxy II Liquid CoolingENERMAX Galaxy EGA850EWL ATX 850W Power SupplyNVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel MoboCore 2 Duo E6700 1066MHz FSB 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775CORSAIR XMS2 2GB SDRAM DDR2 800GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI ExpressSBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.12 x Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Raid01 Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/sWinXP Home SP2CH Yoke/Pedals

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Guest c210_cvs

Well, if their forum is anything to go by I would say the devs abandoned the maddog. They simply do not post there anymore and there is a few guys that have issues with getting their keys. It's a good aircraft with issues however, the fmc is broken if you do specialized stuff and there is most definitely a compatibility issue with AS6 with regards to icing.

Good choice! The Maddog 2006 is a FANTASTIC addon.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO