Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

Guest hgschnell

Hans-Guenther SchnellI found the solution myself:there was a VHHH_LC.bgl of vhhh2005b forgotten in a scenery folder!best regards

>Since Clutch has made it very clear that 9Dragons is Freeware>and is not interested in any donations, may I suggest that>everyone who has obtained this marvelous addition from Avsim>consider a donation to Avsim.>>Take a moment to look at the screen which pops up prior to>getting your download - the method of donating is all>explained there.>>I for one think we owe Avsim a huge thank you for hosting this>enormously popular set of files.>>That's a good idea, I'll do that now.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest simonmd

>Great job guys! Really worth the wait! Finally able to move>on from Thomas Kwong's FS2000 Scenery!>>But for some reason, I have these patches of land appearing in>victoria harbour and some of the buildings are submerged in>the water! Does anyone know how I can fix this?Those little patches or land are actualy boats and jetties taken from airial photos. They are ment to look right from 1000ft up but close up they will look a bit odd, as with all photo scenery.>Since Clutch has made it very clear that 9Dragons is Freeware>and is not interested in any donations, may I suggest that>everyone who has obtained this marvelous addition from Avsim>consider a donation to Avsim.FANTASTIC IDEA! The AVSIM servers sure did get a slamming when this was released!

Yeah the video is amazing. Credits are too long, but the video is really great. I posted about it on my logistics and supply chain blog, www.freightdawg.com, which is a pretty popular business blog. (it gets following from the WSJ, Journal of Commerce, Reuters and Fox News as examples.)I work in the air freight and parcel business. Tools that are effective simulators of reality are great assets. FS is something I really do use as part of my business periodically to understand flight operations at a given airport where I may not have been personally. I find the fidelity to be pretty darn amazing. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest iflyc77

Thanks a lot!The scenery is amazing!Only one question though, can I get rid of the VHHH construction equipment and fix the landclass back so that I can run my 2005vhhh freeware scenery and the 9dragons scenery at the same time with VHHH fully operational? So really, just which file to delete the cranes at HKG, and go into depth maybe a little bit more about how the poster above me fixed his problem, as that is the same one that I have, but I don't understand his reply, lol.Thanks!

Thank you very much for such a detailed and excellent scenery ofKai-Tak and the Hong Kong area in general which surpasses in quality many so called payware packages. Much appreciated indeed.In reality I now have two different sets of Hong Kong scenery.One photoreal Hong Kong with VHHH and a second photoreal Hong Kongwith VHHX.Since I have already added HP978230-9D.bgl & HP978240-9D.bgl toSceneryAsiascenery and renamed the original HP978230.bgl & HP978230.bgl to HP978230.bak & HP978230.bak respectively, wouldI need to reverse the process if I wanted to use the VHHH scenery set?I have experimented using 9Dragon (after removing VHHH AFCAD) andthe standalone VHHH airport. Most noticeable of course were someparts of the coastline where autogen buildings generated by VHHHappear in the water and also some texture overlapping. Otherwisenot to bad but obviously not perfect.Thanks once again.

First, real nice job with this 9Dragons software!It is a work of art...All is well on my first flight around VHHX.After exiting MSFS9 I get util.dll error.I checked the items below in this quoted post.So, I did not rename the Dragon files.What else might I look for to fix it?Why does the error only happen upon exiting FS9.......................................>>Some issue here, upon exiting FS9 after loading VHHX, get a>>"util.dll" crash (happens while 9Dragons scenery loaded,>>autogen and landclass ok). BTW, GE2006 installed.>>>>Also, VHHH disappeared and don't see green grass around the>>runway. >>>>KDFW>Did you rename your files like:>9DGeneric.BGL to Generic.BGL>HP978230-9D.bgl to HP978230.bgl>Vehicles-9D.bgl to Vehicles.bgl>>or did you leave them as default and add them to your>directory per the instructions. I'm trying to figure out why I>keep getting terrian load errors at 56%.>>

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

If I position at KDTW, look at approach lights at night. okReposition to KJFK, look at approach lights at night. okReposition to VHHX, look at approach lights at night. okReposition to KJFK again, FS9 will not reposition,(KJFK)and gives util.dll error?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest KFD

What fantastic scenery - every bit as much as I remember it from a VC10! Everything is great - I've decompiled reset recompiled my traffic file but my AI do not fly the curved approach - they do a straight in and appear through the buildings on finals!! Any ideas? Small point as everything is great - but it would be nice to do some spotting of the AI chasing the rabbit. Thanks again and any help would be really appreciated.KFD:-smile12

Hi KFD,Just curious but I assume those VC10 days were sitting in a BOAC aircraft.I have on my desk a "junior jet pack" tin box that they gave on board the VC10.If you worked as crew on the VC10 please contact me as we might know some people in common.As for this scenery.. I've downloaded and am now excited to install. I used to live in Hong Kong, so I'm looking forward to try it. I once tried to climb the checkerboard hill, until some rather nasty dogs decided I wasn't welcome.Thanks 9Dragons....Cheers,Paul

Guest iflyc77

I figured it was probably somewhere, lol.Thanks!

I am just about to start installing this great new scenery.I have one question though...I have this installed in my addon scenery folder chinaairports_version_2.zip by Winfried Orthmann.Should I disable this or will it not affect 9 Dragons ?Peter

Peter Schluter

KFD..OK mate.. guess we don't know anyone in common then....Great aircraft though....Cheers,Paul