Sign in to follow this  
janar737

9Dragons Has Landed!

Guest KFD

Paul,And it was around 1973 - so a long time ago! I imagine everyone is either retired or getting very close. Its still the fastest airliner in the world - can you believe it?!KFD

Hi,First of all, thank you for this wonderful gift !!!I just found another small issue when you're not using high-res textures for Kowloon (by removing Kowloon_Hi-ResXX_PHOTO.BGL).There are six airport buildings on the water near the helipads (Government Flying Service building) and taxiway Y on the left of runway 13. With high-res textures, these buildings are standing on the ground correctly.Best regards,

Fantastic job! I love this airport. I think I installed correctly, almost everything looks perfect. The only problem I have encountered are the textures on the bridge and small island that lies about one third of the way from VHHH to VHHX on the IGS just off the left side of the flight path. The screen shot is taken flying from Kai Tak to Cap Lok. Any ideas?Regards

David A Gubert

Looks like you did not install files from folder #9 correctly or you forgot to rename the original files for folder #9. Double-check your install for that folder. ;)

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Guest simonmd

>In reality I now have two different sets of Hong Kong>scenery.>One photoreal Hong Kong with VHHH and a second photoreal Hong>Kong>with VHHX.>>Since I have already added HP978230-9D.bgl & HP978240-9D.bgl>to>SceneryAsiascenery and renamed the original HP978230.bgl &>HP978230.bgl to HP978230.bak & HP978230.bak respectively,>would>I need to reverse the process if I wanted to use the VHHH>scenery set?Please READ the forums and indeed THIS thread! The post above yous gives the answer to your question, namely that there is a FULL tutorial to maje it possible to use Thomas Kwong's VHHH together with 9D's VHHX.Use this link> http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho..._id=35432&page=Thanks for the compliments and glad you like it so far.

You hit it precisely. I had renamed the old files but had failed to insert the new textures. Thanks, and thank you for all your good work on this project.Dave

David A Gubert

Guest scupper2

Greetins,First, Congratulations to the 9Dragons Team.You've created a work of art and should be commended by all.I have a question I hope you folks will answer.I like watching the AI traffic, I've just discovered, never had aninterest in it before.I don't see many landing (just one) in abt 1/2 hr.Have AI set at MAX. Noon @ VHHX.Many Take OffsSeems there should be lots of landing.Next Question, how the devil do you place yourself on top of building etc to watch AI??? I know I should know......sorry.Look forward to your help,Many Thanks,scupper

Hi Scupper,Do you use the program AI Smooth? If so, that may have something to do with it. I was running with it when I was testing 9D and had the same experience as you. When I turned it off I had loads of AI coming in to land. Give 'er a try. If you don't use AI Smooth... then I dunno :( For getting to the roof. Select a small aircraft like the default Cessna or better yet download a vehicle and use that a s your aircraft. Then in FS go into 'SLEW' mode (press the 'Y' key). Use your keyboard arrow keys to move around or your Yoke/joystick Hatswitch. To go up or down I can't remember the default keys (Q and A maybe?), as I have custom selected mine.When you get on the car park roof, you can still watch AI land while in slew mode or press the 'Y' key again to get back to "regular" mode (make sure your aircraft is truly resting on the rooftop or else you will take off like a rocket when you come out of slew mode). That way you can hear sounds again.Hope that helps.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

Ok ok I give in....I swore i'd not install FS9 back onto my pc. Been running on FSX only for few weeks now.I just can't resist it though. I simply MUST MUST have this software. All i have to do now is install all FS9 addons - yikes!See the touble you're putting me through Clutch & C0? ;-)

Guest simonmd

To put yourself through the nightmare of re-installing FS9 with loads of addons just to run 9D KaiTak is a HUGE compliment, thanks!

"See the touble you're putting me through Clutch"Ah.... my work is done here ;-)

Go on put FS9 back. From FSX, it's an upgrade. :-)

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

This is really great ! ! !Many thanks to the 9Dragon Team for making this scenery available.Can you imagine how impressive this looks on my WideView setup with five 19'' (CRT) monitors on a row for outside views . . .Searching the net I stumbled over another approach for RWY 13, the so-called 'CC NDB13' approach, see NDB 13 link under Charts on http://www.simtours.net/kaitak.php for more in formation. Because you probably hardly can see the runway at the start of the 95 degr turn, it maybe even more challenging then the IGS13 approach. So, if you have mastered the IGS13 approach, you can give the NDB13 a try :-)See you, Jan

Guest 28right

What a fantastic addon! Thank you 9Dragons for all the time and effort you guys put into this! The lack of (an open) Kai Tak has been the one-and-only thing I didn't like about FS9. I managed to install the software without any problems at all but I did study the manual intensely and I followed the directions extremely close (although I did run accross that one file mixup that was mentioned before). I even got my (default) AI to work after following those directions. Watching AI traffic make the curved approach and sometimes miss the centerline by several feet is quite entertaining in itself! The only thing I'm trying to figure out now is how to fly a smooth transition between ATC instructions and the localizer for RWY 13 (if I fly my own pattern and come right over the top of the VHHX construction site, I'll pick up the localizer and approach hold will fly me right between the beacons at the perfect altitude and rate-of descent. However, if I follow ATC instructions, the aircraft has trouble finding and then lining up on the localizer. On a couple of attempts I almost got dumped in the ocean near VHHH when on "approach hold".Anyway, thanks again for the wonderful scenery! I can't believe how easy it is on the frames with how complex it appears. Watching replays of the approach from a passenger's perspective just behind the right wing is very entertaining!

Guest yarvelling

Just thought I'd (belatedly) leave my sincere thanks to all involved with the production of this wonderful rendition of Hong Kong! I've not had FS on my PC for some time and so missed the initial release of 9Dragons; however, over the course of this past week I've installed and set-up FS9.1 (with FE and GE)and installed the 9Dragons and V2 update, and set my AI to use VHHX as per instructions..... What a treat!! All its missing is the heat, humidity and the smells! I can remember going shopping with Mum up Nathan road as a child during the mid sixties, and the heady mixture of aromas from the food stalls that filled the air are unforgettable! Seeing Kowloon, and HK island unfolding beneath me in the sim brought it flooding back; it had changed a lot from the sixties, but it still looks familiar :) Wonderful....! Did the Star ferries make it in....I've not spotted them yet!Many, many thanks again :)