Sign in to follow this  
Nic

Crazy AI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Guys First of all a happy New year to you all. I have recently downloaded the new Fruit stand A330-200 TAM Airbus and very nice it is too. However it doesn't land at KMIA as It should, but instead goes on a low level tour of Florida carrying out missed approaches over what was once a quiet residential area. ( House prices in the area have plummeted as you can imagine). I have loaded it up with two different sets of flightplans but this doesn't appear to make any difference ( TAM JULY 06 & TAM OCT 06). All other Airbus A330s within the main aircraft folder behave themselves why should this one cause problems? In saying that I have a feeling I have a Midwest 717 buzzing traffic up near KBOS:-) :-) Most of my AI behave fine so I'd like to bring this aircraft into line any advice would be much appreciated.

Guest flightsimmernick

Bit strange it is just the one aircraft? Are there other textutres using the same model or is this the only texture that is using this model?Have you had a look throught the aircraft.cfg to see if everything looks OK and there are no obvious faults?Post the aircraft.cfg file here for the aircraft in question. :)

Are you tuned to ATC radio? And are they giving go Around instructions?. A look at the flight plan might be a help in diagnosing the Situation. I have several Military flightplans where the Aircraft don't land, but make several approaches till the time the flightplan tells them to head for the next leg in the Plan. It doesn't have to be a TNG instruction either. Maybe someone with more Knowledge can chime in on this fail to touchdown attribute of Traffic tools.Bill :-wave

I'm absolute no expert on this, but can't it be an AFCAD problem?As far as I know, in an AFCAD file specific parking locations can be assigned to airlines.What if for TAM is no parking location assigned? Will the aircraft then land a such an airport?

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Yes! It will land, and taxi to any available parking spot if one of appropriate size is empty. If no spot is available, the aircraft will go "Poof" into oblivion after slowing to taxi speed.Bill :-bat

Guest flightsimmernick

Where there are no parking locations at the airport for the airline in question the aircraft should land and then either taxi to a parking place where nothing is assigned and the parking place is free or if there is no spaces free then it could land and then after 5 mins just dissapear. Sounds more like a aircraft problem to me.

Nope! It just disappears. It will happen to any AI aircraft with no adequate spaces. "It's the Law of traffic tools."Bill :+

Guest flightsimmernick

cool! least it does not block the runway while it times out then - i had this problem once where aircraft would land and then wait before they would move - cant remember what the problem was now - but obviously was not this :)

I have the same thing with a rather elderly AI Twin Otter I use - it chooses to land in the local high street and then taxi's the last 3 or 4 miles.If you are held short for one on approach you know you aren't going to have to wait long as you get the clear to take-off as soon as it touches down between Next & McDonalds.I assume there is something wrong with the airfile or model, although I have never tracked down the cause.

ngxu_banner.png

Well! Nothings carved in Stone Nick. Perhaps a faulty AFCAD, where a taxi or runway link is damaged or missing could cause some delay problems. I've found if a start location is left out, aircraft will taxi to the end of the runway and sit and sit and sit. it's similar to aircraft waiting to take off on a runway where the arrivals seem never to stop. They eventually vanish allowing the next aircraft to move up and wait to do the same vanishing act.Bill

Wow Guys big response. I, for some reason known only to myself, renamed the texture folder of the offending A/C and also renamed the texture heading in the CFG file to correspond with the folder. I uninstalled and reinstalled the A/C and all appears well now having followed in to KMIA two TAM flights on different days and lo and behold they taxi to the designated gate and let of all the passengers who were mighty sick of carrying out go arounds 20 miles from the airport. Don't know why I renamed the file maybe the intake of New Year alcohol had somthing to do with it!!!!!!!!!! I'll have another look later just to be sure but I'm almost positive the texture folder rename was the problem. Thanks once again guys.

Guest flightsimmernick

Yeach could have been a rubbish AFCAD - cannot remember now - has been along time since that happened to me. Glad its working for you now Nic, sounded like an individual aircraft problem.

Call the texture file anything you want. It ain't gonna affect the aircrafts flight characteristics. I do this all the time for my own clarification. You probably had a corrupted download or changed something else in the aircraft file, but it asn't the paint. Glad you got it straight tho, Now onto the next problem.Bill}(

Guest Ocala 1

Nic.... I have experienced the same problem somewhat when trying to fly any large plane from Miami to Tampa. If the active runway causes the plane to fly over Tampa and make a huge u-turn to line up with the runway the plane just cant do it. By changing the active so that the plane had a chance to fly directly into the airport it landed perfectly. When I had the same plane take off from a west of Tampa airport the plane had no problem. Just a thought.Harold

Cheers Harold Will have another look today just to be sure everything is alright.