Sign in to follow this  
Guest wpf1953

WBKK airport shifted from original position

Guest wpf1953

Please anybody knows what it could be happening with Kota Kinabalu airport in my computer? I was landind at this airport when I saw the whole airport surrounding by sea water. It seemed the Kansai airport from Japan, in fact it seems worst. Moving to map view position I can see rwys, parkin and building shifted from onshore to offshore position, as showed by the picture attached. Please help me to revert this issue to original conditions. I didn

Have you added ANY scenery or afcad package which would include this airport?My only guess is that a third party afcad which has incorrect coordinates is involved.Try using the Afcad program and opening the airport - if an addon afcad is in use it will show the default one greyed out and one (or more) identified as mod (modified)I just brought the airport up on my machine and it looks fine.

It looks like you have an addon AFCAD where someone has 'corrected' the Microsoft runway position - not realizing there are different world survey grids - and not every survey in the world lines up with Google Earth.However, there is one problem with that theory - the airport terminal building. it looks like in your photo that the terminal building is correctly placed on the edge of the ramp area.Is that correct?If the terminal building and the tower just off the northeast end are in place - the something has moved the airport polygon and coastline.If the terminal building and tower are correctly located over on the land - the AFCAD has moved the whole airport off to the side.

Guest wpf1953

Hi "Opa" and Reggie,Thanks for the help. I have to say about your comments:I don

The first thing I would do would be to remove that afcad you found for WBKK and see how it looks without it. Don't delete it, just rename it with a bak extension or move it completly out of FS for testing.If you wish to review any afcad, you will need to get the AFcad program by Lee Swordy - it is available here at Avsim as afcad221.zipInstall it and read thru the instructions. It is very simple to use.

I still believe that you have added a scenery package which has altered the WBKK area - that afcad you found did not get there by itself.Any changes to the WBKK area (and that could include the building positions as well as the afcad) were likely "hidden" in an enhancement for some other area, probably nearby.Double check everything you have added in this vicinity. I suspect you added something by means of an automatic installer which added items you were not aware of.Good luck!